Chapter 2 - For Infinity

Noontime

Noontime. The sun is shining perpendicularly on Earth casting a perfect shadow. Bucky's brain completely lost to that void of darkness.

Sun droplets are rotating around Bucky's arms, and his eyes are glowing at the sight of the sun. Bucky almost lost his consciousness again because of the million voices inside his head. He could barely make out what these voices were saying...

Time
Space
Mind
Reality
Power
Soul

Bucky's brain was under so much pressure. Nothing made sense. He doesn't understand the noise in his head, he doesn't know who or where he is, and he is incapable of controlling the power he all of the sudden consumed. As Bucky was losing balance a shrieking sound occurred inside his head... causing him to fall to the ground and hold his skull tight hoping to release the pain. Bucky's scream intensified as the voices sharpen. The pain escalated until Bucky became no longer conscious.

Wake up sentry...
The Void has a mission to complete. His last sentry couldn't carry on with it. But you... The Void has been watching you carry out your missions for Hydra. Professionally and obediently. Which makes you the perfect choice to serve The Void until he fulfills his objective. Now, listen to these instructions very carefully because they will not be repeated again. Your interaction with The Void occurs in two ways: either in your unconsciousness like our current situation, or in pitch darkness reflected on a mirror. However, it's only a one-way interaction. The Void gives you orders and you abide by them, without negotiation or even a response. Your mission is difficult and nearly even impossible, you're one of the only beings in the nine realms with enough power to conquer it. The Void has given you the power of a million exploding suns. Bear in mind Sentry that the gift that has been given to you is reciprocated with service and diligence. So focus on everything The Void is about to say about your infinite mission...

From the dawn of the universe... Big Bang sent six elemental crystals, each controlling a certain aspect of existence: space, reality, power, soul, mind, and time. These infinity stones can alter the universe to whatever shape it's owner desires. I - The Void - will bring the world out of delusion. Humans still hold false pretense that there is hope and beauty in the world, and yet walk in the darkness everyday. The Void is only controlling you for the time being, complete this mission and all nine realms will be trapped in The Void's shadow...

Sentry rose back into consciousness after The Void gave him all the instructions. Still unable to tolerate the strength given to him, he almost fumbled to the ground again. His whole body was electrified and his eyes were glowing red. He held his hands up to meet his eyes, they illuminated a golden shimmer. Bucky was right where he was the winter soldier for the last time, in the middle of the abandoned laboratory. Sentry finally took off, using his flying skills for the first time. There was a lot he didn't know about the force inside him. He didn't have time to learn about his powers though, he had a mission to complete.

Sentry only traveled through the night, so it would seem like a shooting star is piercing through Earth. He needed to find somewhere secret, so he would devise the plan to locate all six infinity stones. Underneath the enormous strength and the sheer power was still the kid from Brooklyn. His voice demolished from his own head, but a part of him still lived in the Sentry. Bucky's fragmented memories gave Sentry an idea: Steve and Bucky had their own secret place in the New York Public Library, it was the perfect place to analyze and plot for the mission.

A secret room on the roof of the library was where Sentry remained throughout the morning. He tried to search the library for any books about the infinity stones when the library was still closed, but the only information he could find is that the information he's looking for is to be found in The Lost Library of Cagliostro in Kamartaj. Since he had to wait until midnight to travel again he sat in the secret room waiting for the sun to set. Once again, Bucky's fragmented memories flashed back into Sentry's mind. Hydra held various experiments, but there was a certain one that was utterly confidential. Loki's scepter was in Hydra's possession. Bucky attended dozens of the scepter experiments, the stone killed any being that came near it. It was certainly an infinity stone, Bucky witnessed what it's capable of. It was set, once the clock strikes midnight, Sentry will fly off to Sokovia to retrieve the very first infinity stone.