Chapter 2

History class has been always the most boring subject for Jake. Drumming his unsteady fingers on his desk, Jake thinks that Mr. Parker is just a silly forty year old man who likes to stick his nose into historical buildings and sanctuaries. In fact, Mr. Parker could be an archaeologist if it wasn't for his stupid wife pressuring him to become a history teacher. Jake never gets along with some of the adults at the school, especially everyone, who thinks he's the lazy guy who doesn't study anything— but they were wrong. Scanning his brown eyes around the room with his right hand supporting the weight of his chin, he decided to have a weary moment staring at the auburn haired girl who was two seats in front of him.

Today she's wearing a brown trench coat with brown leather boots that matches her outfit, her hair has some few braids on the side of her ears, which makes her look timid but an aesthetic person. Jake spends his time staring at her hair whenever Mr, Parker starts the lesson, or maybe when his boredom starts.

Meanwhile at the back of the classroom, Emie wonders with admiration, she was so grateful that Jake had offered her to come to his school since he was stuck on class so he decided to let enthusiastic Emie explore the school. With the help of the school ghosts in the school, Emie has observed how people spend their time on school.

When Emie visits Jake's class, she notices Jake looking at the girl. Emie placidly moves toward Jake and caught his attention.

"Who's that girl?" Emie asks, curious. 

"Alice." Jake responds to his mind, wherein they communicate each other through telepathy. "Alice Marina." He discussed last night to Emie about the ability to talk to ghosts through mind, it's quite easy; since no one will notice that he is talking to a ghost. 

Emie looks once more at Alice and then back to Jake. "Why don't you ask her out?" she requests.

"I can't." Jake declines and acts hackneyed from last night's dream

Alice Marina, the shy girl in Jake's class. He also has a little crush on her so he doesn't want to let everybody know about it. Whenever he gets bored in history class, the one thing he only does is stare at her auburn hair. When the sun gleams through her hair, it turns to a golden, blazing color—beautiful for those who saw it. Jake never knows what Alice is like, all he knows that he likes her starting when he saw her hair turned to golden red when she was outside the school, and he thinks his an idiot because of that. That memory was still stuck on Jake's head, but that's not all. Alice has calm, blue eyes like the water and an angular face. But Jake wouldn't consider it a crush, just an admiration.

Meanwhile Mr. Parker, the history teacher realizes what Jake is doing, lifts his bushy eyebrows and abruptly stops his lesson. "Mr. Toms, stop day dreaming in my class or I'll make you write one thousand words on neocolonism."

Jake quickly snaps out from his daydream and puts his hands on his lap. "I'm sorry Mr. Parker." He lowers his head, frowning, but he doesn't care about it too much. 

The class burst into shy giggles and laughs—even Alice who is half turn, her back facing Jake, giggles—making him blushed slightly and lowers his head more. Jake was more happy to make Alice laugh than to secretly stalk her, and that made him feel good.

            The bell rang after 15 minutes, everyone raced outside the class, leaving their seats empty, and heading to their lockers to put their books in. The sky was rarely azure since winter was coming, snow quickly filled the damp streets, and it was the end of another school day. Since there's no homework, Jake puts all his thick, whooper books into his locker—which was neatly organized and well-cleaned. After closing it, unexpectedly Alice rests her shoulder on the locker beside Jake, slightly smiling, her arms crossed on her chest, supporting the books. Jake raises his eyebrow, but not too obvious, he first peers to where Emie was standing. She was on corridor, chatting with the other ghosts in school. His gaze was rapt when Alice made a hum sound.