1: Partnered Up

I sat at the back of the class intently listening to the teacher as she explained the details of the project we would have to finish before the week of prom.

"So now I will assign you partners." She announced.

"Can't we just pick our partners?" A girl asked as she raised her hand.

"No I will assign you partners and if you have a problem please take it up with Mr. Jackson." She said in return most of the students groaned.

"First is Jack and Jill, Stevie and Rose, Lilly and Mike, River and Brooks.." She contiued on but after my name was called I lost interest. I looker around to see the most popular guy smirking at me.

"Now go sit beside your partner." She said before sitting down at her desk and grading papers. I sat there watching as people shuffled toward each other and chatting to themselves.

"I guess I'm stick with you." Brooks said as he plopped down on the seat that was originally empty.

"Ditto."

"You're such a nerd."

"And you're a jock guess we both have stereotypes."

"Guess so." He shrugged his shoulders. I pulled out a piece of paper and began to write down questions.

"What's your favorite color?" I asked. He turned his head then gave me a confused look.

"Well she said get to know your partners so why not ask simple questions."

"Okay my favorite color is orange what's yours?"

"Blue." I nodded then wrote down both of our replies. The bell erupted into my ear drums making me flinch. He quietly laughed which caused me too since everyone's laughter is infectious.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked as he quickly caught his breathe.

"I don't know if I hear someone laugh I have too laugh too." I saod then realized the bell went off.

"Fudge sickles I've got to get to my next class." I jumped out of my seat ready to run to my next class but he had grabbed my arm.

"This is the last period of the day there's no need to rush."

"Ohh silly me." I mumbled. He nodded before letting go of me. I walled slowly to my locker and shoved my booking into it.

"Why do you have a library in your locker?" A male voice said from behind me. I yelped from the scarem.

"Jeez it's so easy to scare you."

"I known so please don't do it again." I said breathlessly. He lightly chuckled so again I startef to laugh.

"I was wondering if you would come to my house so we can complete the project."

"Okay." I said as I look around. All of the people had fled toward the exits because school was over and it was Friday. I guess I was the only one without any plans.

"Here program in your number so I can call you." I saod holding out my iPhone.

"What's your password?" He asked.

"I'm not going to tell you let me see it." I said trying to grab it back from him.

"No." He pulled his aarm up and held it out of my reach. I started to tickle his sides which caused him to willingly give my phone back.

"Thanks." I nodded to him before turning and walking away.

"Wait River." He called.

"Yeah."

"I'm coming to your house."

"Wait I have tour number so why come to my house." I asked

"So we finish early and plus my house is boring."

"Okay well I walked so." I said as I stood on the back of my heels."

"Its okay I have a car." He smiled proudly then caught up with me. We walked together until we got outside and his girlfriend/  bully was standing by his car well at least his car kissing another guy. We approached them and he tapped on her shoulder.

"Ohh um Brooks its not what it looks like." Lesley said as she glared at me.

"If i didn't need you kissing that guy then I must be blind."

"Yeah that little wh*r* must've blinded you by her ugliness."

"She has nothing to do with this and least she's real unlike your fake *ss." He spat. I looked over at the guy that was kissing her and gave him a pitiful look.

"You want this guy have him its over good bye." He grabbed my hand and pulled me to his car.

"Wow this is awesome." I stared in awe at the green mustang.

"Yeah old Lucy is a beauty isn't she?"

"Jeez I wish my mom would get me one." I opened the door and got in. We road away from the school and to my house.