3: Getting Ready

I hung up the phone and turned back to him. Instantly my brown eyes found his emerald green ones.

"Uh mom said it was uh um okay to uh stay the uh night." I stuttered. Be lightly chuckled then shook his head.

"Great but now we need to go to my house to get some clothes."

"Uhh okay." I said while blushing. I turned away and collected the papers from the table.

"When we get back do you want to watch a movie?" He asked.

"Sure but your the one that's going to have to sooth me when I wake yelling hysterically because I had dream about a girl coming out of a TV because my mom is staying at a friends to get her hair done and face mask."

"Okay well come on." He said. We walked outside and toward his car but we were stopped by Chelsea my sl*tty neighbor.

"Ohh hey River aren't you going to introduce me to your hot friend." She put her hand on his chest the  moved closer to him and whispered something. He stepped back and have her a disgusted look.

"Chelsea keep your disgusting hands and body away from me I would never do that with you."

"Fine I don't care." She pouted before walking off.

"I'm sorry for that she doesn't know how to control herself."

"It's okay I would hate to have her as a neighbor."

"I'm just thankful her room is on the other side of the house and not beside mine."

"I would say so." He said as he searched for his keys.

"Brooks."

"Yeah."

"You left them in the ignition when you got out."

"Ohh thanks." He said before turning on the car and driving toward his house. It wasn't a long drive since he did live on the same street as me.

"This is it." He said. I nodded them got out. His house was a little bigger then mine.

"I never knew you lived here."

"Lived here all my life."

"That's cool."

"I remember when I was seven and I rode my bike by your house and you sitting in the front yard reading a book payi g no mind to nothing then a bird pooped on your head."

"I remember that I hated that bird that's the reason I didn't come up utnof my for three days without an umbrella."

"You looked so weird."

"I still do nothing ng has changed."

"Your not weird your unique."

"Well thank you." I smiled at him then clumsily fell on the concrete walk

"Ohh are you okay?"

"Yeah just need to walk off the pain." I said before getting up and continued to walk. He retrieved the hidden key under the doorat and unlocked the door. We walked up to his room. I sat on the bed as he packed some clothes.

"You're only staying for one night there's no need to pack so many clothes."

"I'm getting pajamas and clothes for tomorrow."

"Ohh."

"How could a girl with the highest IQ in the entire school forget and not realize things."

"I don't know I look over things as if they were nothing then feel stupid when I realize I did."

"Do you have any friends?" He asked out of the blue.

"No no one actually talks to me."

"Yeah you do."

"Who?"

"Me."

"You?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." I nodded.

"Let's go I'm ready."

"Okay." I stood up and followed him out of his house. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
I'll always love you and make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me to love another,
You'll regret it all one day." He sang it lightly.

"Its stuck in your head now."

"YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE MY ONLY SUNSHINE YOU MAKE ME HAPPY WHEN MY SKIES ARE GRAY YOU NEVER KNOW DEAR HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU PLEASE DONT TAKE MY SUNSHINE AWAY PL-" I shouted buy was interrupted by him covering my mouth with his hand.

"Shut up the neighbors are listening." He whispered.

"Now are you going to be quiet when I move my hand?" He asked. I ttared into his eyes to see joy in them. I nodded my head then stepped back.

"Let's go." I said.