6: Prom

The dress I bought was a aqua, knee length with sequins and it tied arond the neck. I put it on and my mom started to fix my makeup.

"Ohh my baby girl is going to her first dance."

"What if he has a date and then embarrasses me?"

"How could someone resist you your perfect and if he does he's blind and stupid."

"Thanks mom."

"Okay your finished." She said turning me toward the mirror. I looked different. Better.

"Ohh mom I love it." I got up and hugged her.

"Now my sweets this might is special and was going to wait til graduation but I couldn't." She said that then reached into her pocket and pulled out car keys.

"Mom I love you thank you thank you oh my god I love you." I hugged her then ran down stairs. My small heels clicked as I ran to the garage.

"Its not new but -.'

"Mom I don't care if its new I still love it I love you and thank you." I said again.

"Enough of that now get to that dance and get your man." She smiled.

"Bye mom." I smiled then got in and drove. It was so awesome. I quickly drove to the dance then got out of the car. People were dancing and sitting at the tables.

"Ri-river." Brooks stuttered.

"Ugh yeah."

"I didn't think you would come."

"Neither did I but I'm here."

"You look awesome."

"Thanks so do you." I said then a girl walked up and wrapped her arm around his waist.

"Hello have I seen you around school?" She asked in a very rude way.

"Yeah but you don't know me I'm River."

"Ohh I'm Samantha."

"Nice to meet you."

"You too but me and Brooks have to go dancing see you later." She said. I waved goodbye then sat at a table. The tears nearly escaped my eyes but I held them in. The chair scooted out and Blake sat down.

"Hey."

"Hello." I said.

"You really like him don't you?"

"Yeah but the feelings aren't returned." I said.

"Yeah they are."

"Then why did he bring a girl?"

"He didn't want people to know and it would look weird if he didn't bring someone."

"Ohh."

"Wait here I'll go talk some sense into him." He smiled then got up and walked off.

"Well look who it is little miss sl*t."

"Please Lesley I don't want trouble."

"Dont worry I cheated on Brooks anyway with too many guys there were no feelings."

"Ohh um okay."

"Just don't mess with Blake."

"Wouldn't dare too." I raised my hands in defense. Blake shoved his way through the crowd with Brooks in hand.

"Now tell her the truth while me and Lesley go 'dance'." He said. The two walked away from the table and Brooks took her spot.

"What happened to your date?"

"She left."

"Yeah so I need to tell you-."

"Want to dance you can tell me?"

"Sure." I stood up and he dragged my hand.

"I can't dance." I yelled over the loud music.

"Doesn't matter just do it!" He yelled back. A slow song came on and held me close.

"Umm what I need to tell you-"

"Shh just dance." He said.

"Okay." I smiler then leaned my head into his shoulder. The slow song came to an end too soon.

"So what-" I was interrupted again by Brooks Brooks but this time by his lips pressing against mine. I soon started to kiss back but a little time later he pushed away.

"I love you River."

"I love you too." I said. We hugged then kissed.

"Guess what?" I said.

"I have no clue so tell me."

"My mom got me a car."

"That's awesome."

"Come see it." I walked outside and showed him my dark blue car.

"That's awesome."

"But its not as pretty as yours." I said.

"I know but at least you don't have to walk."

"I know."

"So what made you change your mind?" He asked.

"That was the only way I could tell you how I really feel."

"My heart melted when you walked in and I was very tempeted to drop Sam and just kiss you."

"She wouldve hated me sooner."

"I know."

"Most girls are willingly to kill me if it means you will pay attention to them."

"I know but know they will just have to live with it."