Part of the Team - A Syfy's Neverland Fanfiction

A/N

Ok, let me get one thing straight. This is an idea in processing. I will not upload again if I don't get at least 3 votes on this chapter and three comments.

"Yeah, Yeah, but Monkeymania101, you always update anyway even if I don't vote!!!!!" says you, the reader.

Yeah, well. Seriously. I'm not going to if I don't get feedback. Some would think the number of reads on my other story is enough, but I really just want to hear suggestions or ideas, or what you love, what you hate, and romance suggestions, any rivalry suggestions.

Pretty much I wouldn't care if you commented about what you're favorite type of ice cream is.

I just want feed back.

"Monkeymania101, you're being such a Captain Elizabeth Bonny right now!!! UGHH! I HATE YOU! But I will shower you in votes and comments and mineral dust so we can be happy with more chapters! YAY!"

Ok, I take offence to being called a Bonny. Sheesh, that woman made me so angry. When she died in the miniseries I literally had a happy dance moment and wanted to write a musical called "My Happiness"

Enough drabble. Who wants story?"

Oh, yeah! Dedicated to JustMe because I am lovin' the work she puts into her stories!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Prologue

East End, Shortage, London, England, 1902

(four years before initial story)

"Can't catch me! Can't catch me!" I teased at the baker chasing after me.

"You little brat! Get back here!" He called, huffing and puffing. "Guards, Guards! That boy stole a loaf of my bread!"

Stole? Man, these people in London were wacky. His wife had generously GIVEN me a loaf of raisin bread because it was burnt around the edges. I needed it so I could feed myself after two weeks of eating zip! It probably didn't help that I had mooched some old apples out of her either:

"Do you have anything else you could spare?", I remember asking, "I haven't eaten in weeks." I said

"Dear me!" She said, putting her hand to her heart. "I might have something. Let me go check." she murmured to herself and went inside.

"Here you go. And take this coat, you must be cold. It doesn't fit my son anymore." She said, handing me a coat that would I would probably fit into for several years, but it would sure keep me warm. The three apples she handed me had a few bruises on them, but other then that they were fine.

"Thank you ever so dearly!" I praised her kindness and my genius-ness.

I had rounded the corner when the baker came out of the door and chased after me.

By now the Coppers had come within a few feet of me. I risked taking one of my apples and throwing it at the first Copper. He fell and the other man stop to pick him up off the cold cobble stone street. That gave me enough time to sprint around the corner of the street and I lost the policemen chasing me for now.

I ducked into an alley and pulled a piece of the hot bread off the loaf. It was still steamy on the inside; perfect to eat in this cold weather. I pulled off another small piece of the warm dough and then opened the small sack of now two apples. I took one out and polished it off in record timing. I tucked the loaf under my arm and put the remaining apple in my new waistcoat pocket. It was really quick comfortable. Even though it wasn't meant for girls.