Comfortably Numb

word count: 1.6k

——————————————————————————

Previously:      She comes closer and enwraps me in a tight hug, and kisses my shoulder tenderly.

"I love you"

Those 3 words single-handedly made my heart swell with joy. But under the circumstance - I couldn't get myself to say the 3 words + too back even though I knew I would have meant them. I truly did love her, more than anyone I have ever met.

Wanda removes her head from my shoulder and looks my in the eye, studying me. She looks displeased with me not answering her confession of love.

"Wanda... You must take care of yourself, not me". I repeat to her.

"I want to take care of you". She responds quickly.

"Not only do I want to take care of you, but I will take care of you". She says almost sternly.

Suddenly a strong tiredness goes through my entire body. My eyelids feel as though they are carrying a ton of weight on them; so I shut them and lean into Wanda's body preparing for a deep slumber. All my thoughts and worries disappear as she holds me.

She whispers in my ear, "I've lost everyone I've ever loved and I will not ever lose you. You're all mine".

——————————————————————————

        My body is numb. It's too cold. My body is subconsciously shaking at the frosty air, my eyelids still remain closed but I can feel the wind gusting around me. Where am I?

My eyes come to an opening, and what greets me is not the typical; not Wanda but a snowy mountain range. I'm not directly on the mountain, I'm in a location of old solid stone.

I wobble getting up to my feet, still shivering at the freezing temperature. I look around the area while my eyes are still blurry. My eyes eventually make out these big stone carvings, a woman in the middle and two children at either side of her; holding both of her hands. The woman carved is Wanda. Why?

        In the middle of the area there is a circle of candles showcasing the setup of a ritual with a dark covered book placed in the middle. For what? My head stays wrapped up in the never ending questions and I fail to hear someone walking towards me.

Just a light touch upon my shoulder is all it takes to startle me at the sudden contact. I know who it is. That warm gentle feeling of her hand can compare to no one. Wanda.

        She rests her head upon my shoulder. "I'm here baby". I don't move my shoulder or make any effort to get her away, I embrace her.

      Wanda's arms wrap around my waist and her lips begin to pepper my shoulder and neck in sweet kisses. God I can't get enough of her.

       I feel her lips pull up into a proud smile against my skin. "Mmm, my girl" She groans into me. The "My" rings constantly in my head. The thought of being her girl - it sends a wave through me that I don't understand. Perhaps a wave of longing, or desperation. I need her.

       I instantly turn around to Wanda and hold either side of her head. In a quick moment I forget our surroundings and let my emotions take full control of me as I clash my lips against hers. It felt so right and just so, so incredible.

Wanda wraps her arms around my back pulling me closer into her. A smirk is present on her lips, " I knew you'd come to your senses sweetheart".