The Vampire Council - Unprepared

Natalie

He placed me on my stomach, obviously avoiding laying me on my wounds where I'll feel them even more. Arching the bed.

"I'll be right back," he said, and the vampire sped out of the room only to return seconds later with some sort of ointment in his hands.

I sighed contentedly as he slowly massaged the pain away. My eyes began to feel heavy, and slowly I felt myself falling asleep

"I didn't kill her because I wanted to; I killed her because those who wanted her would have done worse. She asked me to do it."

I heard those words vividly, but I couldn't respond.

I allowed sleep to consume me.

And suddenly heard him bring out a knife.

I slowly opened my eyes, and fears overtook me.

He raised the knife as if he wanted to stab me on the bed, leaving it beside me and giving me a peck before leaving.

"That's special to me; keep it as your protection one day."

I groaned in pain as my eyes slowly opened. I winced as I realised I was lying on my still painful ass. A blush spread across my cheeks as last night's events replayed through my mind. I had gotten wet while Lord Aries punished me. ARIES had kissed me. I buried my hands in my face in utter embarrassment, and I absolutely appreciated that I was alone. However, my peace didn't last long as Lily barged into my room.

"Natalie, are you alright? Did he hurt you?" She questioned, and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"No, he didn't hurt me. He just......" I debated which word to use; after all, Lily might reason like an adult, but she was still a 14-year-old.

"He disciplined me," I said finally.

She frowned at me, probably knowing I was hiding details.

"He spanked you!" She suddenly screeched.

Heat rose quickly to my cheeks. How in god's name did she know that. It's almost like she had...

"Did you just read my mind?" I asked her.

Her eyes widened as if I had said something terrible.

"I d..." she began but was interrupted by Aries appearing in the room.

He groaned as he saw Lily sitting on my bed.

"Lily, when will you ever listen to me?" He muttered.

"Because it's my job to defy you," she said sweetly. "And I know for sure that you would never spank me till I'm aroused because of it."

My jaw dropped to the floor at her words. She was just 14!

"Well, technically, I'm-" Lily began but was cut off by Aries

"Lily," he said softly.

She immediately closed her mouth with her hands and glared at Aries.

"Why don't you wave goodbye to Natalie? Remy is waiting outside for you with Leah," Lily said. There was something in her voice that told me this was not good.

"I'll leave you two girls to it then; just don't say anything I wouldn't like," He said, pointing to Lily.

She nodded and then turned to me as Aries walked out of the room.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Just a little vacation," she said with a half-smile.

"When are you coming back?" I asked once more.