Broken

Natalie

"You missed him?" Cole asked, sitting beside me on the sofa and giving me a water container.

"I think miss is a digit of a misrepresentation of the truth," I said, giving him a little grin while I opened the water jug.

"I know how it feels when the one you love leaves, and you don't realise, regardless of whether you'll see them again," he said, his voice bound with sadness.

The memory of how he had taken care of Lily's situation rushed to the front of my mind. The recollections were still so striking and unmistakable.

"I can't survive without him," I murmured in a practically unintelligible whisper.

"I know how you feel. He's your mate; it's a natural reaction," he said with a consoling smile.

"Normal," I grinned back, yet my grin was empty of emotions.

"I'm feeling so tired. This child is draining me. I'm going to bed early to get some rest," I said.

"You sure? I thought you wanted to watch a movie," he said with a frown. I grinned at his effort to persuade me to stay.

"I would normally love to stay and watch a movie, but I don't fancy watching you and Lily sucking each other's faces," Cole burst into an attack of chuckling, and I smiled. "Good night Cole," I said, turning towards the steps.

"Great night Natalie," he replied through his laughter.

I ventured into my cold room and shivered a little. This room used to be so warm and used to be my favourite place because it was where I spent many private moments with Aries. But now, it only reminds me of the bittersweet memories that were excruciating to recall. Without Aries, I felt sad and lonely; my emptiness could only be filled with Aries returning to my side.

I shook my head and tried to valiantly shake away the memories and the sadness; Aries would need me to remain strong for when he is released and can return to me. I walk further into the room and see our bed, the same bed I had spent many nights in his arms and felt safe and loved, which was something spectacular in a world filled with vampires, death and horror.

My memories flicked back to the many nights I had spent here with Aries, and now all I have to remind of him is the child I carry in my stomach. Our love child, whether this child would be a half-breed, a complete vampire or just human, we wouldn't know until they are born. But beyond a shadow of a doubt, I know Aries will do anything in his power to keep us both safe.

I know Aries was dealing with this entire situation to the best of his ability, and he would ensure that he would return to us, but what if he didn't? Would we be safe? Or would we be hunted by the Vampire Council?

"I trust you, Aries," I murmured to myself.

I got up from the bed, walked towards my wardrobe, and changed into a warm, cosy nightgown, ready to snuggle under the blankets and sleep. Hopefully, it will relieve my mind of the many burdens it harboured. A sudden fear washed over me unexpectedly, and I felt a sudden ferocious outrage fill my mind. Still, I had no idea why I was outraged or at who. The feelings were unexpected and mysterious. I then felt a twisted pain in my lower abdomen, causing me to clutch my stomach as I gasped and breathed through the pain.

"They say the child can transfer its feelings to its mother, and by the floods of outrage transmitting from you, I take it your child is upset to see me," that voice causes me to stop and turn. The only voice from my most terrible and haunting nightmares, a voice from my past.

"How could you get in here?" I demanded furiously.

"Oh, dear, even the mother is more than a little irate at seeing Uncle Henry. How utterly fantastic," he said, surrendering in a sensational style.