Another Sister

Song: Fire Drill by Melanie Martinez

🔪

I didn't know where I was driving to, but I kept on going. Taking the scenic route, I guess. But I did stop by at places where I used to go to when I was younger with my mother. It was nice getting out of the trailer. I didn't know how Dewey could stand living as a recluse like that.

 All I could hope for was that Tara girl would be okay and that I could get to the bottom of the mysterious Ghostface person. 

While I'm at gas station to pump more gas into my car, my phone buzzed, and I checked to see who it was texting or calling me. It's a text from Wes. Wasn't he supposed to be at school today? My eyes looked to the time and it's around three so maybe it's over by now.

Wes: Did my mom tell you and Dewey what happened to Tara?

Me: She told Dewey then he told me this morning. I'm really sorry about your friend, Wes.

Wes: Thanks. Mom is busy with work so can you take me and a couple of my friends to the hospital so we can visit Tara?

Me: Sure. Are you still at school?

Wes: Yeah, we're outside at the fountain area.

Me: Ok. I'll be there in a sec.

After I'm done pumping gas, I left and drive to the school. Takes me around thirty minutes to get there. On the way, I texted Dewey to let him know that I'm taking Wes and his friends to see Tara. He was okay with that and just wanted me to stay safe.

When I parked at the school's parking lot, I got out my phone to text Wes.

Me: I'm here.

Wes: We're coming.

I waited for a little bit until they arrived. Then, I saw Wes and two of his friends coming to my car. The other two kinda looked like twins. I unlocked the doors for them so they could get in. Wes opened the passenger door and sat on the seat then so did the other two got in the backseat.

"Hey, Josh, thanks for the lift." Wes said.

"No problem," I waved it off as I pulled out and drive for the hospital. "So, uh, who are your two friends?"

"Chad and Mindy Meeks-Martin." He introduced.

"Hi." The twins greeted. I can see their wave from the rearview mirror.

"Hi, I'm Josh Kincaid, by the way." 

"No way! Seriously?!" Mindy was getting excited. "Are you Sidney Prescott's son?"

"Mindy, don't start." Chad groaned at his sister's fangirling.

"Yeah, I am." I answered, not making it a big deal.

"Sorry, but I just can't believe that I'm sitting in the same car as you," Mindy said. "Wes, how you come you never told me that you're friends with Sidney Prescott's son?"

"So, you won't act like you are now." Wes replied smartly.

"But seriously though, how do you guys know each other?" Chad wondered.

"My Mom is a friend with his Mom and Dewey Riley," Wes briefly explained. "You know that the three of them have experienced the Ghostface murders before back in 2011."

"Yeah, and I wanted to visit Dewey since he's my godfather. Wes and I became friends because of our parents," I continued. I realized that the last name Meeks sound familiar. "So, uh...Meeks? Is that connected to Randy Meeks in any way?"