Raising the Stakes

Song: Circus for a Psycho by Skillet

Author's Note

I changed something in the previous chapter because I made a mistake. I thought Sam didn't cut the tape off of Tara, but she did, so I had to fix that. That's all I edited and nothing else. Enjoy this chapter! :)

Warning: There's lots of swearing in this chapter.💀

🔪

Richie pushed me against the kitchen counter and I saw Sam getting pushed as well to the corner of it. I tried walking over to her and help her get up, but was in too much pain. Amber was still holding my Mom by her hair and then pushed Mom toward the counter and was aiming her gun at her. I wanted nothing more than to viciously stab Amber until she's no longer breathing. For how she was treating my mother and for killing Dewey. For all the mess that her and Richie had caused.

This was the time when the killers would usually spew out their long monologue about their lame motives. I just wanted to get all of this over with already. Richie and Amber would die, just like the many Ghostfaces before them.

The only one that came close to winning was Jill, but my mother had killed her at the hospital before Jill can even experience five seconds of her fame.

"Someone has to save the franchise! See? No one has made a great Stab movie. Not really," Richie exposed himself. Amber was acting all giddy at us like the sadist she was by jumping up and down in excitement. Richie was pointing his knife at Sam and I and was even smirking. "Hey, baby, you want to get the, uh, very ex-Mrs. Riley?"

"Yeah, I do." She grinned in delight and then leaves. 

I didn't even know Gale was here too. What happened to her that she wasn't with my mother?

With Amber distracted and gone, Mom used that opportunity to make a quick dash to get the knife that was on the counter, but Richie caught her, pointing his own blade at her threateningly. Amber gave him her gun recently and he pointed that at me and Sam. Blood was still bleeding from her wound where Richie had stabbed her and she was holding it with her hands like I'm doing to my gunshot wound at my chest.

"Hey, hey! Woah...woah..." Richie tutted and sauntered to my mother. "Sidney Prescott," He admired. "You know, I'm a really big fan."

"Go fuck yourself!" She spat.

Richie's face became hardened then. I rolled my eyes at his reaction because he deserved that response. He was just a pathetic fanboy who couldn't even get a girl his own age.

"You see the last Stab movie?" 

"Not really a fan of scary movies."

"That checks out," He grinned then continued sharply. "Anyway, it sucked balls. Because nobody takes the true fans seriously. Not really. They just laugh at us and WHY?!" He screamed the last word at her face, making her flinch. My bloodied hands let go of my chest and I just curled them into tight fists, wanting to punch him in the face. His bloody knife was under her chin. "Because we love something?! Because we're just a fucking joke to them?! How can fandom be toxic? It's about love! They don't understand that these fucking movies are important to people."

"Richie..." Sam said softly, still breathing heavily in pain like I am.

"And we're going to help them!" He exclaimed with a glare, aiming his gun at Sam, but I quickly stand in front of her for protection. "Hollywood's totally fucking out of ideas. So, we decided to give them some new source material to follow. You know, bring it to basics," He glared at Sam again, his gun still at her with more force. I heard the door opening from the front of the house and Amber must've gotten Gale in by now. "That's how you make a great Stab movie, Sam. Based on actual events."