Chapter 2 - Paislee meets her family

The next morning, Clint went into the room to wake Paislee up, and got her ready to go. They ate breakfast, then left, after 2 1/2 hours of driving they reached the house. Paislee started getting scared, and Clint reassured her it would be okay. They went inside, and Laura greeted them, then slowly Paislee was introduced to the other kids. She warmed up pretty quickly, and almost immediately bonded with Lila who was excited to have a sister. Then she saw someone who she didn't know, and she clung to Lila scared. Lila told Clint, who took Paislee and introduced her to Nick Fury. Paislee warmed up again, and went back to playing with Lila. Then Clint got a call from Tony, he went to Paislee, and told her it was time to go back. She said goodbye to Laura, Cooper, Nathaniel, and Lila, got into the car, and almost immediately fell asleep. Back at the compound, she woke up, right as Clint pulled into the driveway. Inside she got scared, and Clint had to remind her that she knew everyone there. Paislee saw Nat, and she remembered the compound. Then she saw a unfamiliar face, Nat knew she'd seen Maria Hill, and waited to see what'll happen. Paislee hid behind Clint, and shyly waved, Clint chuckled, and told her she was safe. Once Paislee warmed up, she came out, and went to sit next to Nat. Nat patted the couch beside her, and Paislee sat down, she was talking when Rhodey walked in. She recognized him, and said hi, Rhodey had to speak with Clint, Tony, and Nick, but they needed to go to the meeting room. Clint told Paislee, "I'm going to a different room, you stay here with Auntie Nat alright pumpkin?" Paislee nodded, and snuggled into Nat, then she fell asleep, and Nat carried her upstairs to her bed. When Paislee woke up, she heard Clint's voice, and started crying, Nat was still in the room, and she tended to Paislee. When Paislee had calmed down, Nat took her downstairs to see Clint, "daddy what was the meeting about?" Clint answered, "You're safe with us Paislee," Paislee was confused, but Nat had caught on, She held Paislee in a tight embrace. Then something clicked in her head, "Daddy," she started crying, "I don't wanna go back, please daddy." Rhodey was still there and spoke, "Paislee your not going back, I didn't want to scare you so thats why I took them to a different room. But we will find him, I promise," Paislee seemed to be listening to him, and she calmed down at his voice. This shocked everyone especially Clint, and Nat, then Rhodey got a call, and had to leave. Once he left, Paislee clung to Clint, and wouldn't let go, then suddenly Clint figured out why she had gotten clingy, there was a figure in the corner of the room. He got a gut feeling that it was Strucker,and asked Nat, Wanda, and Carol to take her out shopping. They said yes, and Nat toook Paislee from Clint, they got their shoes on, and left. Once at the shops, Nat showed Paislee the different toy shops, but Paislee was unsure of the toys because she was never allowed to play before. The girls noticed, Nat started, "Paislee you can play here, daddy won't get angry at you," Paislee listened to her voice, and asked to go inside a shop. The girls took her inside, and she was shook by all the toys. Paislee saw a stuffed cat, and she revealed to the girls that she loved cats.