𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

-ˏˋ DUMB AND DUMBER ˊˎ

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

The guy held his hand out, and Kairi took the opportunity to inspect him. Let's just say he was very... blue.

"Thanks." She took his hand, and he pulled her up.

"Are you hurt?" He asked while checking for any injuries while making sure he wasn't too close.

"No, just a few small scratches." She asked, and the two looked around.

The streets of Tokyo were completely empty.

"What..?" He asked in shock, and Kairi took her phone out. "Damn it, why won't it work? It isn't even that old!" She complained in annoyance, but the phone's screen remained black.

"No way. I'm dreaming, right?" She walked away while repeatedly slapping her face in hopes of waking up, and the guy shouted at her. "Miss, where are you going? Haven't you ever watched horror movies? Splitting up is a completely bad idea!" He said while following after her.

"Why are you following me? I'm going to go find my family." She asked while still walking.

"Can't I come with you?" He asked, and she stopped and looked at him with a 'seriously?' face.

"We just met by accident, and I don't even know your name. If you really watched horror movies, then you'd know that going with strangers is also quite a bad idea."

"You can call me Tatta, that's my name, and now you know it. Does that mean I get to come with you now?" He asked with a genuine look.

"What? That wasn't even my point..." She gave up with a sigh, continuing to walk.
Tatta took her actions as a positive sign, and he walked beside her while still looking around completely clueless as to what happened to everyone else.

"Aren't you gonna tell me your name?" He asked.

"It's Kairi." She replied, and the two headed on to where she was gonna find her parents. In other words, back to the hospital once again.

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

"I hate hospitals so damn much, they're so creepy." She grumbled.

Tatta took something from the front desk, and Kairi looked at him dumbfounded.

"What's a pen gonna do to help?" She asked while trying to hold in a laugh.

"Stab... someone?" He said in an unsure tone while clicking the button of the pen.

"Wow. That'll do the job for sure." She said in a sarcastic tone, and Kairi pressed the elevator button.

"Looks like we'll have to take the stairs." She sighed, and the two looked at each other annoyed.

"What floor are you going to?" He asked, still holding onto his trusty ballpoint pen.

"Fifth." She answered, and a bead of sweat dripped down from her forehead. This was going to be a long walk.

Not to mention the fact that she was wearing HEELS.

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

"I give up." Kairi sat down on the stairs while panting, and her heart rate was basically going crazy from the continuous walking.

On her hands were her heels, choosing to go barefoot instead so there would be less pain in her foot.

"The next one's the fifth, let's go." He continued walking while panting too, and he looked back at the still-sitting girl.

"I don't even have any heart problems, but I feel like I'm gonna die." She said while standing up with the rails support.

That was, of course, an exaggeration.

"That just sounds dramatic."

"Shut up."

After a minute or two, they finally reached the fifth floor which was as empty as the other floors.

"I'm starting to regret walking all the way up for this." She went to her father's room, and Tatta looked at the door curiously.

"Is one of your relatives sick?" He asked.

"No, there was just an accident." She opened the door, and the empty room made her sigh.

"Where the hell is everyone?" She asked while looking out of the room's window.

"We went here for nothing?" Tatta asked, pretty bummed.

"I told you coming with me was a bad idea. This sucks." She complained while closing the curtains.

"Sorry. I think my bad luck rubbed off on you." He apologized while scratching his head awkwardly.

"What're you apologizing for? It's not your fault that everyone suddenly disappeared." She slid past him to exit the room, and he followed after her shortly.

"Right, just before everyone disappeared... There were fireworks. Did you see them too?" He asked.

"I didn't even see your truck coming, there's no way I would've noticed the fireworks in broad daylight either." She replied.

"Hey, why would you even cross without looking at your surroundings? Were you trying to die?" He loudly asked.

"What? No! And you shouldn't be looking at fireworks while driving either." She scolded him back.

The two were both in the wrong, but no one was willing to admit their mistakes.

┌─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┐

UPLOADED: January 1, 2022
EDITED:

└─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┘