𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

-ˏˋ A GAME OF TAG ˊˎ

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

"Is there actually a bomb somewhere in the building?" Tatta asked while walking up the stairs in front of Kairi.

"Everyone else looked pretty serious to me, so it could be true." She replied.

'Two minutes until the game starts.'

Kairi put the new phone in her purse, which also had her broken phone and other necessities including her wallet, makeup, important cards, and more.

Her headphones were already a lost cost, so she left them at the hospital earlier.

The two were currently on the second floor alone while the others were scattered everywhere else.

"Damn it, my feet are starting to hurt again." She bent down to inspect the aching part, which looked red all over.

Tatta looked back at her, taking notice of the off-white heels she wore.

This had to be the worst possible time to be wearing heels.

"I should've taken some shoes too." She groaned, and his look turned into a judging one.

"Oh come on, don't look at me like that."

'The game will now commence.
The time limit is 20 minutes.
Game start.'

"Let's just keep opening doors until we find the right one," Kairi said while walking to the nearest room and trying to open it. "Locked." She informed, and Tatta tried the other ones nearby, which were also unfortunately locked.

The apartment complex had seven floors, so this was obviously going to take a lot of time.

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

They were now on the third floor in hopes of finding the right room, which wasn't going too well.

"This is so annoying, almost everything is locked..." Kairi complained while quickly trying to open a couple of doors. Tatta, who had been silent the entire time was helping her with trying to search for the safe room too.

When he was about to try and open another door, a loud gunshot rang throughout the building, startling them both.

The two silently looked at each other in worry, and multiple shots were fired after a few seconds again.

"The gunshots were loud, they might be near us." Tatta went to her side, signaling that they needed to hide.

"Let's hurry up and move to another floor after." She replied nervously, and the two quickly continued trying to open doors again.

Footsteps.

The two heard footsteps..?

The same two guys from the start came running in their direction, and they both hid in a corner. Getting the hint, Kairi quickly pulled Tatta into a corner while putting her pointer finger on her lips, mentally telling him not to make any sound.

They were awfully close, but if it meant saving their lives, she didn't mind it at all.

A minute passed, and more shots were fired including someone's screams, meaning that the tagger has left their floor.

She peeked out to see the two guys looking down, and she slowly moved out of the tight space.

"What are you doing?!" Tatta whisper-shouted while grabbing her arm. "I think the tagger's gone, now's our chance to get out of this floor." She whispered back.

She looked back at the two guys, but they were gone. Noticing them running back at the stairs, she stealthily followed them from behind.

"Everyone, the tagger is currently at the second level of the central area! The tagger has bad vision because of his mask!–" The guy with the gray jacket shouted, and Kairi quickly ran to him.

With a harsh hit to his back, the two looked at her. "What the hell are you doing?! You're going to give away our location!" She shouted while grabbing onto his shirt.

"Kairi, we should go!" Tatta tried to pull her away, but her grip on the guy was too strong. "We can win this game with the help of the others, just trust me." The guy replied.

"Arisu, you'll get us killed!" His friend scolded him, but the guy pushed them both away and continued shouting.

"Let's inform each other of the tagger's location and search for the safe zone together!"

"Ugh!" Tatta helped her get up, and his friend went to them.

"You two should go, we'll handle this floor."

"We've already checked the ones on the back," Tatta informed him, and the guy nodded in reply.

"Let's go." He grabbed her wrist, and the two ran to the stairs.

"The tagger is moving from the fourth level of the central area! Anyone nearby, run!" A woman shouted.

It was a surprise someone actually responded.

"It isn't safe here or upstairs anymore, let's go to the fifth or sixth floor instead." Kairi told him.

'Eight minutes until the game ends.'

Damn, they were going to run out of time soon.

┌─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┐

UPLOADED: January 4, 2023
EDITED:

└─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┘