Chapter 2

We both got our hair washed and headed to Zainab's house. We entered with Salam and went straight to the kitchen to meet ummi, Zainab's mom

"ummi I'm back and I brought your other daughter with me!"

Ummi totally ignoring Zainab dragged me for a hug and said "Lailah! come and give your mother a hug kwana biyu (it's been a while) you've forgotten about her"

"haba dai ummi you know I cannot dare forget about my mother, wallahi I missed yuu,u especially your delicious food but school has been hectic. ummi this level three, the lecturers are not allowing us to rest"

"I missed you too Lailah don't worry you're here now, eat to your heart's content. Ai remaining one more year for you to be done before you know it, you're done with all this and we are busy preparing for your wedding" me and Zainab laughed at her statement.

Because of how close I and Zainab are, our families have become close. while ummi and ammi, our mother have developed a good friendship.

"toh ummi and her daughter ni dai I'm jealous. ummi you didn't even hug me " Zainab whined

Ummi hissed "look at this girl I'm talking to my daughter, and she just put her mouth, will you move from my front "

I laughed at Zainab and went to fetch food for us. We ate and went upstairs to Zainab's room

"Zainab I'm going to take a shower please bring out clothes for me to wear"

I showered and wore a long gown for staying at home.

I was sitting on the stool facing the dressing mirror busy combing my hair when I heard a ringing from my phone

"Zainab please pass my phone, who is calling?"

"It's your rabin rai (half of your soul), one and only, bugun zuciya (heartbeat), other half that's face timing you " I quickly packed up my hair and extended my hand in a gesture that she should pass the phone.

"see this girl, ni kan pass my phone and leave me alone"

I collected the phone and saw the name Bashir❤

I immediately answered and I saw my boyfriend, Bashir Ahmad Katagum's handsome face

Bashir is dark in complexion with that hair that has been trimmed to perfection, bushy eyebrows, and a nose that is not pointed nor flat it was just the perfect shape for his face and my favorite feature on his face was his dimples that bore on both cheeks it even appeared when he was talking not only when he was smiling.

I have known Bashir for my whole life because we grew up together. My mom and his mom are cousins that grew up in the same house, due to this I and Bashir have always been in the same orbit. With time our closeness developed into something else. We both realized there will be no one that will love and understand us as we do for each other. Honestly, I do not think there is anyone that knows me as much as Bashir does.

"Babe, you went to the saloon" was the first thing he said when I answered the call and he saw me

I rolled my eyes "good afternoon to you too, wait how did you even know I went to the saloon because I know I never told you"

"well, I know if it's you that washed and dried your hair it won't be looking as good as this. You have such beautiful hair, but you don't have the patience for it"

"wallahi you won't understand, it's so full and long so it's very hard to wash and dry it by yourself. see I love my hair but kai ma kasan (even you know) I'm not patient"

"How will I not understand me and my wife's hair, if we get married wallahi no saloon if I'm home, I'll wash and dry it for you. You're so impatient, that's why I always come out before you when we are meeting because you angry is a funny site and if I laugh you get angrier at me, so it's better to avoid all that and come early"

"See you Mr wife, you have to come and ask my father for my hand because I don't know what you're talking about and you're obviously supposed to come early so that you'll not keep a queen like me waiting"

"yen yen yen. who is the queen? A village girl from azare is calling herself queen"

"ni ko, leave me alone I'll see who will talk to you now"

"da kan ki zaki dawo (you're going to come back ), cause there is no Lailah without Bashir"

"za ka sha ma maki (you're going to be surprised)"

"I am waiting to see" he laughed

I squinted "that's what is you're going to say?"

A knock was made,ummi came in and said "Laila I made zobo today and I know how you love it, I kept a bottle for you in the fridge downstairs"

"okay ummi nagode (thank you)"

"ummi what about me" Zainab whined

"Yours is in the jug together with Junaid's share"

"ummi me and Junaid?! You know how that boy is a monger he'll finish everything even though I'm his older sister"

"don't include me in you guys' matter, let me even go to my room"

As ummi left the room I returned to my phone call "monkey bye let me go take my zobo" "pity" I made a sad face

"someone will not get some"

"you're taking zobo without me, Lailah you love breaking my heart don't worry when I come back I'll take revenge"

I laughed at his silliness "yen yen yen. bye babe"

Bashir is currently in his fifth year which is his final year studying architecture at the university of bath in the United Kingdom.

I quickly covered my hair with a large kashka veil I saw lying around and headed down to take my zobo from the kitchen. I opened the fridge and saw two bottles of zobo one had a blue cap and was infused with mint and the other had an orange cap and it didn't have mint. I took the one with the blue cap because I thought ummi specially infused mint leaves in mine. I sat on the stool and started drinking my zobo when someone bellowed

"Who are you and why the hell are you taking MY zobo"

~~~~~~~~~~~

hey there readers!😂

How is the cliffhanger 😂

dont you all just love bashir, goals i swear🥰🥰🥰

Dont forget to

LIKE & COMMENT

FS.