Chapter 3.

I was startled and quickly dropped my zobo to turn and see who the hell was shouting at me

As I turned the first thing I noticed is that he is tall, like really really tall and he is as fair as zainab so I probably guess he is her relative. I looked at him and eyed him, damn he is fine, and he wears glasses! you can quote me on this that any male that can wear glasses and still look fine is damn handsome period! Aha he is definitely related to Zainab look at that curly Fulani hair and pointed nose.

"Are you mute?" he asked

Who does he think he's talking to ?! "wait mallam you just came in and saw me taking my zobo, infancies on the MY and you have the audacity to shout at me. Who are you?"

"ni da gidan mu (me and our house), look at this girl and who told you that's your zobo. it's mine ya safiyyah specially infused mint in it because she knows I prefer it like that. See, I had a very tiring day so just pass me my zobo"

At first, I was confused about which ya safiyyah he is talking about. Then I realized that he is referring to ummi. Even though I realized he is probably related to ummi , I was not going to allow him to be talking to me like that. If something happens I can just say I didn't realize he was part of the family.

"You should at least ask nicely just because you had a bad day does not give you the right to shout at me"

"see i..."

He stopped short when he heard Zainab exclaiming "ya adam how was the office? you looked stressed"

"wallahi today was hectic I just came back took a shower then came in to eat and take my zobo just for me to meet this girl drinking it and even telling me it's hers"

"Sorry, it was all a misunderstanding ummi told her she kept her zobo in the fridge so she thought it was hers. Ya Adam this is Laila my best friend and ummi's other daughter, remember ummi talked about her yesterday. Lailah this is Adam Adam Maigoro, ummi's younger brother"

"Oh, she's the one, I thought she'll be politer"

Wow like he wasn't the rude one "oh sorry I didn't know he was the one, I thought he would be nicer. By the way, take the zobo I don't want it anymore" I gave him a fake smile.

"You've started drinking it so just finish it. I'm sorry for shouting at you"

I ignored him and kept the zobo on the counter, making movements to leave the place

"Alright I'll just take your bottle of zobo, but next time ask before taking something"

That statement stopped me in my tracks, and I turned around to reply him. Zainab realized what was going to happen because she knows I won't leave him.

"ai toh shikenan (it is okay), Lails, he said sorry. Let's leave this matter here" she interrupted.

I quickly went away from there.

---------

it was time for dinner and in zainab's family they have a tradition of always eating dinner together since her father, daddy is not around we all converged at ummi's parlor which was the upstairs parlor to eat. I had prayed Isha and bathed so I just wore a floor length hijab on my pajama and went to the parlor

"Assalam Alaikum"

"Lailah you're finally done, we've already started eating, the coolers are on the table fetch some food and come and join us" ummi called out to me

I fetched tuwo and miyan kuka sat down on the carpet next to Zainab like how everyone was sited except ummi who was on the sofa

"ya Lailah you came today?" Junaid, Zainab's younger brother asked

"Yes, how are you and ss3?"

"wallahi ss3 is not fun"

"Was it expected to be fun? You're in school to read not to play. Hurry up and be done you have lesson tomorrow morning you should sleep early" ummi told Junaid

"ummi before I forget mamman yusrah is coming this weekend to plait me and lailah's hair" zainab said

"toh Allah ya kai mu, adam why are you quite is it because of Lailah don't be shy she's family too"

"no ummi it's not because of her, I'm having a headache"

"I hope it isn't serious, Zainab give him the Panadol I kept in the bottom drawer"

"no, it's not serious, I just had a stressful day at work"

"okay then, I'm tired let me go and sleep ,Junaid go to your room and sleep. Zainab, Lailah don't forget to switch of the light when you're done"

"toh ummi, sai da safe (okay ummi, goodnight)" we chorused

As ummi and Junaid left Zainab turned on the tv and they were showing her favorite series, game of thrones

"Zainab change it you know I don't understand this series" I whined

"wallahi even me" Adam said

"oh my god I thought I was the only one!"

"you're not, my friend sagir is obsessed with it, the hype made me become dis-interested in watching it"

"yeah, I understand because I am most likely to lose interest if something is hyped up"

"kai ya Adam don't join her mana, Go and watch that your prodigal son and leave me with game of thrones" dramatically Zainab exclaimed

"You watch prodigal son? I have the whole season on my laptop" he asked

"I've been following it on m-net but you know they are not fast, can I get it from you please?"

"Sure, I'll put it on my hard drive for you, remind me tomorrow"

"Nagode ya adam (Thank you ya adam)"

"don't mention, it's nothing" he smiled. He had that kind of smile that makes one smile for no reason but for one to share his happiness. Then I smiled. I smiled wide and bright with happiness because he smiled and I felt so foolish but I smiled.

"ya adam, do you know Lailah is studying software"

"Really, I majored in computer engineering and minored in software engineering" he glanced back at me.

"Lailah allow this man he graduated with first class at Stanford University California plus he had an accelerated master's program. Only five of them were given the opportunity to start their master's program consecutively while they were undergoing undergrads."

"wow Masha Allah, Ashe dai we are speaking to a genius. May Allah put barakah in what you read" I prayed. honestly, he does look smart. He gives off that vibe.

Zainab hissed "ya adam don't allow this one to deceive you, she's part of your people with brain, she's a four-pointer!"

"Masha Allah! I'm supposed to be the one to commend you I know how Nigerian universities can be" He smiled again.

I smiled back.

"Alright I'm going to go and sleep, goodnight"

He left us while I and Zainab stayed up till 1 talking.

~~~~~~~

Heyyyy

How are you and how are you enjoying the book?

What do you think about ya adam?

FS.

VOTE AND COMMENT🙏🏽