Chapter III

+Neteyam's POV+

So maybe I shouldn't have started the fight. Whatever. Light bulb head earned it anyways but still, it was wrong. I had a black eye and a few bruises and scratches, plus the bite mark on my arm. Dumbass. Y/n wiped the blood away from the bite mark on my arm.

  Anyways, Dad, of course, made me and Lo'ak apologize for disturbing the peace of their tribe, even though NO ONE was there. After, Lo'ak rushed off, my mom following behind him. I hissed quietly and Dad popped me on my arm. I stared at my feet, aggravated.

  I turn to leave before Dad grabs my arm, looking at me.

  "I need you to reflect on your actions, as well as apologize to your brother," he said seriously.

  "But Dad, he-"

  "I don't care what he did, he is still your brother. After you apologize, tell him I need to speak with him," he says sternly.  

  "Yes sir," I mumble and turn away to find my knuckle headed brother, Y/n following me.

  +Lo'ak POV+

As I walked with my mother to get my wounds cleaned, I couldn't get Y/n off of my mind. What was I doing wrong..? I like her so much.. No, I don't like her. Like is such a small word. I love her. There. It's said. I'm in love with her. I'm in love with her smile, with the way she moves. I'm in love with her kindness and sincerity.

And she's in love too. Just not with me. Why not me? I don't know what else to do with myself. I can't think straight, my heart races when I'm near her, her smile lights up the sky. She's perfect. For me. Why won't she like me back?

Out of all the dumb fucks, Neteyam loves her as well. He can deny it as much as he wants, but it's true. He's in love with her smile, with the way she moves. He's in love with her kindness and sincerity. And the heart breaking part is, she loves him back. He's a bigger moon in her orbit, one more noticeable.

Sadly, I could care less. Y/n was mine. I won't give her up so easily. Neteyam doesn't deserve her. He has everything. Can't I have anything for myself? Not even happiness?

I snapped out of it when my mom snapped her fingers in my face, gaining my attention. Ronal just side-eyed me.

I won't stop fighting for her. I won't let him take her away from me. She is mine.