Chapter VI

+Neteyam's POV+

  I stiffen as I see Ronal with her pregnant ass and Tonowari making their way through the crowd. I fell Y/n stiffen, and I give her hand a reassuring squeeze. As soon as Ronal makes her way to the fro t of the crowd, her eyes narrow with disappointment and anger, while Tonowari's expression is non-readable.

  "Y/n! What are you doing around this boy! You know the rules! You are to be mated with a Metkayina, one if your own clan! Not with the some of some demon-blooded forest Navi!" Ronal hisses at her daughter, stepping forward. I feel my blood boil but I held my tongue, knowing it would only make the situation worst. Y/n steps in front of me, hissing back at her mother. The crowd gasps and Tonowari looks at her with widened eyes.

  "Do not call him that! What if I do not want to mate with a Metkayina? I want him, Mother! Only him! I'm sorry if I disappoint you! I'm sorry I can't be the perfect daughter like Tsireya, or the most reliable like Ao'nung, but you know what? I'm perfect to someone. Im perfect to Neteyam, and that's all that matters!" She shouts in her mothers face. I see my parents and siblings making there way to the front of the crowd.  Ronal hisses at her daughter angrily.

  "Do not disrespect me, child! I am your mother and leader, you listen to me! As long as you live in my clan, you abide by my rules!"

  "Well maybe I won't live in your clan!" Y/n yells before she could stop herself. Ronald eyes narrow as my parents arrive in front of the crowd, a few feet besides them.

  I see Ronal clench her hands in a ball as she steps towards Y/n. Shit. As Ronal raises her hand to slap Y/n, I move her out of the way, taking the hit to my face. I hold the side of my face, feeling heat pulsing from the area. Damn, she got some manly hands. I slowly turn to look at Y/n's mother, hissing, eyes narrowed. Before Ronal could say anything, my mother and Lo'ak plants themselves in front of us; Mom in front of me and Lo'ak in front of Y/n, holding her behind him. My mother hisses at Ronal, eyes narrowed.

  "If you lay a hand on my son ever again, I will personally drag your ugly ass. I do not care if you are pregnant or not," Neytiri hisses, stepping closer to Ronal. The crowd gasps collectively. The leader hisses back less confidently and backs away from us. Tonowari glared at his wife before turning back to his people.

  "You have seen enough. Go back to whatever you were doing, and prepare for the evening," and with that, they all leave, mumbling under their breaths. My father walks up to the two leaders, an apologetic look on his face. I see Lo'ak roll his eyes. I give him the side eye.

  "I apologize for my son, as well as my mate," I hear dad wince as Neytiri yanks his hair, hissing. Tonowari glances at her before taking a step back.

  "No, I apologize for my wife. She should not have made such a huge scene, and she definitely shouldn't have slapped your son," he said, glancing at an angry Ronal. "We can settle this when we are all rested. Have a good evening, Jakesully."

  As if nothing just happened, Ronal and Tonawari walks off, Ao'nung behind them. Tsireya and Y/n follows, Tsireya's arm wrapped around her. I turn to see dad staring at me, a confused look on his face.

  "What happened?"