Chapter 6: Do Or Die

"There them niggas go, right there." Kai let out as he parked the car a block away from the Chinese store on 32nd St. I exhaled pulling my ski mask down my face, zipping up the black Nike hoodie I got out of the trunk. I surveyed the block noticing it was six of them standing outside. A dice game seemed to be going on as their voices could be heard down the block.

"You sure the niggas that shot Sani' out here?" I asked while still looking out the car, tilting my head to the side to get a better look.

"Yeah, niggas love to pillow talk, my bitch said the one who pulled the trigger named Rome, his homies Sire, and some other nigga Rojae was there that night. I don't know who them other niggas is," Kai responded making sure his gun was loaded while he glanced at the crowd.

"Don't matter who was there that night, they all goin get it," DJ spoke up from the back seat with a menacing grimace on his face. I nodded my head in response.

"Y'all niggas ready, ain't no turning back after this." I looked to the passenger seat and then back at DJ while he fixed the mask on his face.

"Nigga are you ready?" Kai questioned as I stared at his almond-shaped eyes that looked black, pulling back his dreads out of his face, he watched himself in the rearview mirror.

I didn't respond, as I hopped out of the car immediately crouching down.

"Nigga, hold up," DJ said. Hearing the other car doors open and not being shut. The car still ran, with the keys in the ignition, we didn't plan for this to take too long. It was 80 degrees tonight, but for some reason, I felt cold looking down at my ACG boots crouching up the block.

"This is for Sani' bitches." Kai yelled out, raising out of the crouching position and letting the gun with a green beam on it spray the front of the store, immediately one ran into the store as the other five took off running in the same direction down the block. DJ sprayed into the store, as the lady at the counter screamed piercing my eardrums.

"Nigga come on," Kai shouted chasing the five on foot down the block, as I tried to catch my breath, feet pounding against the pavement as a car alarm began to go off.

Turning down the block onto a one-way, my vision only saw two as the other three split up, now deciding to run in different directions. Bullets still flew through the air as DJ seemed to be running down on someone or we were getting shot at. I couldn't decipher between the two as my adrenaline was pumping.

Kai stopped and raised his gun shooting at one of the two that was flying down the block, one dropped clutching onto their leg. "Shit!" I heard the person exhale, rolling around on the street. The other person kept running, never looking back.

"Go get that nigga." I shouted at Kai as I came to a stop over the one who was shot in the leg, lifting my mask, I stared down at him.

"What's ya name bitch?" Spit flew out the sides of my mouth while I clutched the gun in my right hand.

"Fuck you bitch." The person yelled out, still clutching onto his leg, twisting from side to side, curled up as if he was a baby.

"Wrong answer." I bust my gun right in his chest, earning a squeal as if I shot a dog. Letting off two more shots, the boy laid flat, as the bullet holes were shown through his black polo tee, blood began to seep out.

Hearing more shots ring out, my head whipped up in the direction Kai and the other person ran down. Pulling down my mask I moved quickly, holding my breath. Turning into an alleyway Kai stood with his gun raised pointing at the person. My eyes traveled to the other body laying on the ground. The person who stood had their hands raised as if they were under arrest, wearing a white polo tee and a gray Nike tech hoodie with matching sweatpants, I scanned his face taking note of the bandage under his right eye.