Chapter 5: Man With The Plan

I pulled up to the infamous abandoned garage, the memories I made here were forever engraved in the back of my mind. Parking my car, I scanned my surroundings, reminiscing on the good days, when Kai, Sani', DJ, and I were all together. Popping the trunk and taking out the duffle filled with the money I walked towards the back entrance, still looking behind my back every once in a while as I walked. Trying to keep my breathing in control to listen to my surroundings better.

"Where the fuck you been at? You ain't see us blowing up ya jack?" DJ yelled soon as I entered the building while I wrapped the chain back around the half-broken door.

"I was busy, I'm here now though," I responded walking past him, as he sat eating a hoagie on one of the buckets.

"Man, I got some pussy waitin' on me and you strolling in here like shit cool, probably was busy with Solei boney ass." DJ rebutted chuckling. At the sound of her name I tensed up, not even less than an hour ago did Solei break up with me. I kept my business to myself and would most likely not talk about it with DJ or Kai. I knew how my niggas were, they would just insist I go out and find some new pussy to get in. I wasn't into that right now, too much was going on. My mind was all over the place, Sani's death, the shooting at the court, Solei, and I knew more shit was bound to hit the fan.

"You don't got no cutty waitin' on you fat boy." Kai walked up to me, dapping me up before reaching for the bag. "Now let's get into some real grown man business, I spoke to Kartier, he wants us to meet him at his warehouse on 52nd street tonight to get our cut and give him his," Kai announced looking back and forth between DJ and me.

Kartier was the man that ran the city, you wanted to jump off the porch Kartier was the man you spoke to. Any money made on these streets ran through Kartier. On the last day of Senior year, in the exact garage I stood in now Kai came running in asking if we wanted to make some money. What type of question was that to ask a young nigga? It was a no-brainer. Since then we've been stick-up boys, running down on anyone that Kartier sent our way. Never asked any questions or background about the person, we were just doing what we were told. After Sani's death maybe that needed to change.

"We need to talk to him about Sani and the shit that happened today, we need that handled tonight," I spoke up, receiving a glance from Kai.

"We gon handle that ourselves, ain't no need to bring the shit up that happened today besides he probably already knows. That nigga got eyes and ears everywhere." Kai said, laying out the money on the floor, separating it into two different bags while inserting the bills into the counter.

"And where was ya fat ass?" Kai turned to DJ, while he licked mayonnaise off his finger.

"Nigga my mom had a banquet." DJ stood up, showing off the suit he was dressed in, doing a spin.

"Bougie asses." Kai shook his head.

"What do you mean we goin handle it ourselves? He's the reason Sani's dead. That nigga didn't tell us shit about the motherfuckers we were running down on. As I said, we are going to him about the money and Sani." I spoke up again, this time making sure what I said didn't seem like I was asking.

"Ard young boul, but what do you expect him to do? He doesn't give a fuck about Sani, all that nigga cares about is getting his money. We knew what we signed up for, Sani knew." Kai looked up from the money. "We're definitely going to handle that other shit tonight though, I got a plan," Kai smirked, walking off to the side of the building and pulling out two bags.

"Nigga what's ya plan? I'm not on a dummy mission." DJ finally spoke up, usually, he sat quietly while Kai and I debated on our next move.

"What's tonight?" Kai smiled still holding the duffle bags in both of his hands, as I started wondering what was in them.