Extra 1

1492

I sat out in the garden again as I waited for England to hurry up. "I am honored you keep inviting me for food, but I thought I told you I did not want to see you anymore," he laughed. He rarely sees me, but I still invite him to my place. Our politics have been relatively peaceful since the end of the war. "Yet you still come," I laughed. He shrugged his shoulders at me as he began to take a seat in front of me. "I like to humor you..." he laughed as he placed his things down.

I rolled my eyes at him and began to serve him some food. I started offering to cook for him lately. Even when he tried not to see me, I still tried to bring him food once in a while. Seeing how happy he was when he ate my food made me happy.

"MR. FRANCE! , MR. FRANCE! MR. FRANCE!"

A sudden shout and commotion caused England and I to turn our heads. In came Mr. Ar- Spain!

I seriously need to keep remembering to call him by his new name. It is hard, but I can't help it; I have always known him by Mr. Aragon for a long time. When he came outside, he suddenly stopped as he saw England.

"Oh...I did not realize you were busy," he laughed. I rolled my eyes when I heard the way he said that. I tell much of my affairs with England. Our personal relationship is separate from our political relationship. We disagree on many things, but in the end, he still comes to me for many things.

"What do you want? you are interrupting us!" I glared.

"No, he isn't...spit it out, Spain!"

Spain looked at us nervously and fixed himself. "Well, My boss told me not to say anything, but I could not help it! But there was this crazy man, and my Crown wanted to get rid of him, so they sent him on a useless journey to find India, but of course, it went wrong and-"

"Spit it out already!" England and I said in unison.

He blabs most of the time.

"We didn't find another way to India! Its... it's more!"

"What is it?" I asked. I put down my drink, and we stared at him, concerned. He was acting crazy and hectic. It was causing me to worry. "We found...a New World...land! New to the world!" He stuttered.

My eyes widened, and suddenly England and I looked at each other shocked.

A New World?

Full of new resources, possibly?

This was it! If I could control some of that area and find resources, I would surely be the top power in the world without trying! This was it! I needed to see this 'New World' for myself.

I stood with a serious face, and they both looked at me. "Mr. France? What is wrong?" Spain asked. England looked at me horrified and suddenly stood up. "I am sorry, Mr. England, but I must cut our time short...I have important matters to take care of," I spoke. He looked at me, shocked, and I began to walk past them.

"Perfectly fine; I realize something came up for me as well," England responded.

"Hey?...Guys?" Spain asked, but we ignored him.

"Ah! sorry! I was not listening to what you said, excuse me..." I laughed. England began to follow my lead, and I could tell that Mr. Spain was too stunned to speak. England and I walked into my home, and we both gave each other the side eye. "I will be seeing you very soon, I am sure," He spoke. I could tell he had the same idea...the same intention I had.

"Remember what I said?" He asked. I looked at him, confused, and he smiled. "Don't get in my way...or else you will force my hand again," He spoke. I was right; he was thinking the same thing as I was. "Of course, and I expect a likewise reaction?" I asked. He paused for a second as if debating an answer.

"Really? You could at least try and lie," I spoke, annoyed. Unbelievable...he really was greedy. He smiled at me and suddenly began to pinch my cheek. "We will see how I am feeling," He spoke. He shoved me to the side and began running away from me. That idiot! as if that was going to slow me down from catching up to him.

I took the opportunity to reach for him, pulling him back. So he could not run away further. "Really, guys?" Spain suddenly spoke as he watched us refuse to let each other leave.