Storms

A loud crash of thunder reverberated through the room, waking Asa and Mystogan slightly.

He rolled over on his side and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer and pressing her back against his chest. "Just a storm," he whispered quietly into her ear.

She gave a silent hum back, letting him know she had heard him.

Another clap of thunder followed a bright flash of yellow light.

Their ears picked up on the door being opened and little steps being taken across the room.

A small finger poked Mystogan's back repeatedly until he turned around. Once he rolled over, that small finger retreated. Standing at the side of the bed was Tiger Lily. Her eyes were wide with fear and tears were falling down her face.

"Daddy," her voice shook, "I'm scared."

He felt a twinge in his heart. He hated when he saw his children scared or crying. He leaned over and picked her up, placing her in between him and Asa.

"Shh, It's going to be okay, Baby Girl. Daddy and Mommy are right here. It's just a thunderstorm." He laid back on his back and allowed her head to rest against his chest.

By this time, Asa had rolled over and placed a warm, comforting hand on Lily's back.

"No monsters?"

Mystogan shook his head, "No monsters. Even if there were any, Mommy and I would take care of them."

She nodded and closed her eyes. The sound of her father's heartbeat sounded loudly through his chest and into her ear. "I love you, Daddy. I love you, Mommy."

Mystogan kissed her head, "I love you, too, Baby."

Asa patted her back and kissed her as well, "I love you, too, Sweetheart."

~

I'm back to updating this story! Yas!!!

We had one heck of a storm last night. I usually never wake up from storms but the thunder was so loud, it set off the car alarms.

Ideas? Requests? Contact:

Kik: adorable_emmy

Snapchat: emersone15

Instagram: emersone15

Line: cartershields

Deviantart: cartershields