Chapter 2

Natalie's POV

Natasha and me finally got to school with ten minutes to spare before our first lesson. We went to our lockers to get our things first and then started to slowly walk to our classes. I had English and Natasha had French. I hate English because it was the only class I had without Natasha. Unfortunately, this was a class I had with Alex.

I was furious at the beginning of the year when I found out I had to share a class with him since I used to love English. Now English class has turned into pure torture... and he loves that. I always get good marks in English and Alex used to hate that. So imagine how happy he is now that because of him I'm getting worse marks in English everyday.

We arrived to my class to soon for my liking. No one was there yet but it seemed really stupid to wait outside until someone got in, so saying goodbye to Natasha I got inside and chose a seat at the back of the class. Hopefully, that way Alex wouldn't notice me and just leave me alone.

Apparently, I hoped for too much. Guess who else got to class early like me? Why Alex of course. So much to him not noticing me. I saw him smirking when he saw me and walked right to the seat next to mine and sat down.

I felt anger boiling up inside me. Couldn't he just leave me alone for once? I decided that ignoring him would be best so I kept looking infront of me and acted as if I hadn't noticed him. It seemed to work... for five minutes that is. "So, Nattie... how's your patethic life going?"

The was how it always started and I swore to myself that I wasn't going to let him win. "I hope you meant your life, Alexander because it's not my life that's patethic... it's yours. My life is going great but I heard that yours isn't. Is it true you lost the last two football games because you were too distracted?", I asked feigning ignorance.

The truth is that the whole schools knows that Alex's team have lost two games because it had been the main gossip topic for at least two weeks and some are still talking about it. They had all been surprised because they never lose. Alex had to have been really distracted for them to lose because of him. Because of their two failures they now had to win the next game for sure if they wanted to go to the finals.

His smirk was gone as fast as it appeared on his face. I inwardly cheered because I knew that I was winning at the moment. I just had to keep embarassing him and maybe he would leave me alone. I know it was unlikely but a girl can dream. Apparently, it wasn't the day for my dreams to come true because Alex kept on talking to me... and unfortunately his smirk was back.

"Well, I'm not the only one who's been distracted lately", began Alex, "I hope I'm not confusing you with someone but I seem to remember that you are the captain of the girls' netball team... am I right?" I nodded half-heartedly, not wanting to admit that he was right.

Alex smiled evily at seeing my nod. "Is it true that you have lost three games in a row?" I didn't know how I should reply, because the truth is that he was right. My team had lost the last three games we had and we were eliminated and didn't get the chance to compete in the finals. Somehow, I still thought I was better than him.

"Yes, you're right. My team has lost the last three games we had and we have lost our chances of competing in the final this year. But at least I don't go around blaming other people for my failure and just tell myself to work harder. It's only my fault that I have been distracted and I don't plan on blaming others any time soon... which is something you'll probably be doing very soon."

I felt tears in my eyes. After all this time fighting with Alex I was finally breaking and losing control. I couldn't let him see me cry so I did what I had never done before. I packed all my stuff back in my bag and started to leave the classroom. As I got to the door I turned around and looked at Alex. "Have fun during English", I said and then I was out on my way to the bathroom, hopefully to calm myself from crying.

                                               *************************************

Author's Note : Sorry if it is a little short but this chapter was sort of a filler. I'll try to make the next chapter longer. Next chapter will be in Alex's POV and we get to learn quite some things from him. Stay tuned! VOMMENT PLEASE! xxxx <3 <3