Chapter 2 Reveal

An elven beauty sprung out of the hood. Her hair was as beautiful as the moonlight rays and skin that glowed like it. The couple was stunned at this sight. Then they both noticed that she was carrying a bow and has two quivers strapped on her back.

"Young lady were ye the one who-"

 "Yes I did." answered her in a solemn voice.

 "What's your-"

"Anaya Moonlight former......"

The girl fainted and dropped to the cold wooden floor and began to sob. The old couple went to her and shouldered her. They both took her to a bed. The old woman tended to her wounds and sat by her side.

"Little girl. Your eyes speak of a horrifying tale. Speak now or let its forbidding darkness consume your innocent heart."

"They are no longer-"  Anaya trembles and claws herself in fear of the horrors. 

"Rest girl, the nightmare must be faced. You will not be able to proceed on the journey of life if it still serves as an obstacle. "

  The old woman gently patted Anaya on her back. She stopped her clawing and laid on the soft comforting bed. The old woman introduced herself as Mirna and insisted her to rest for the night.

The light of the sun emerged from the eastern side of the mountains. The sun rays pierced through the glass windows of the old cottage. One of the rays went through a hole and touched the head of the sleeping beauty.

She awakes to see daylight greeting her back from her slumber. From the vivid dreams that kept her awake all through the void night.

  She gets up from her bed and exits the bedroom and into the living room. It was an astonishing sight. The living room was filled with the aroma of hot butter coated pancakes. The old woman was tossing them up to the air and catching them with her antique china.

  Anaya and old lady Mirna sat at the dining table that is occupied with the pancakes and aromatic cups of rosemary tea. All of a sudden the old man stumbled towards the front door and ran out of the house with an axe on his shoulders.

  "Work work work work......." his voice slowly fainted away into the forest.

  Old lady Mirna looked at the bashful looking Anaya.

  "Feeling any better girl?"

  "Yes grandma, thank you..... last night... that wasn't-"

  "Eat, you mustn't let hunger weaken you," insisted Mirna.

  Anaya felt really touched about old Mirna's concern she felt as though Mirna was her god mother. Anaya stood up and hugged her.

  After finishing the meal, Anaya told Mirna that she had to continue her journey to the capital city of the resistance, Graham. Mirna saw a fiery rage burning within her violet eyes.

  Before Anaya left the cottage, Mirna gave her a torn sheet of paper inscribed with an ancient eastern language.

"I was once a lone traveler. I ventured into every tip of this continent till the kingdoms of the east. Nagras was the major kingdom of the east. This little sheet was given by the great king of Nagras himself. I have no need of this sheet anymore. Take it as a token of my memory." A broad smile formed on Mirna's wrinkled face."

  Anaya giggled when she saw it.

 Mirna's expression changed in the blink of an eye,"Do not judge it by its cover, your life may depend on this paper girl!" snapped Mirna. 

She nodded her head and kept a straight face while she slipped the paper into her pocket.