Chapter 2

Des had known Quincy for about 5 years. They had an interesting past. They were actually friends for the longest time.

Until the incident.

Des was still mad at himself for what he did. It was a heat of the moment kind of thing. Now they never talked. Des felt like it was all his fault. Let me fill you in. One warm summer night, about 4 months ago, Quincy went to Des' house to watch the new Obi-Wan Kenobi series on Disney plus, as Quincy shared the same fascination for Star Wars as Des, which was one of the reasons Des felt so...drawn to him. He was the only person who he had ever shown his creative masterpiece to. He had seen the deepest, most self-kept parts of him, but Quincy didn't turn away. He accepted him, enveloped every part of him in a strong, warm embrace. But I digress. They were about 20 minutes into the 3rd episode when it happened. Obi-Wan had successfully escaped from the inquisitors, and they were both cheering their hero on excitedly. They turned to each other and locked onto each other with their eyes. After what seemed like a million years just staring into each other's eyes, Desimus placed a hand on Quincy's thigh and they both leaned towards each other. Des was inches away from Quincy's voluptuous lips, about to receive his first kiss, when Quincy suddenly pulled away. Des remembered looking into Quincy's eyes and seeing confliction, yearning, and confusion battling each other, and then he pushed Desimus away and ran out the door. The next day at school, Quincy avoided Desimus like the plague.

That had been in his sophomore year of highschool, and Quincy hadn't spoken to him since. Instead he mainly stuck to himself instead of being the lovable, outgoing man that Desimus had once known. Things had been really tense between them. Desimus had wanted to apologize since the day it happened, but as I had mentioned before, Quincy went out of his way to avoid Des, and even if Des was able to get a moment to talk to him, he had no idea how to go about apologizing. He missed their friendship and the special feeling he had when they were together.