Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

It's been a while since I have got a company in this place. For the first time, I feel okay with not being by myself. Maybe... just maybe... Nagai can help me overcome my fear of being around other people.

-Sleepless Night-

Y/N P.O.V

I wash the dishes after finishing the meal. Nagai is still seated by the dining table. "Are you full?" I asked. He looks up and stares at me. He nods his head, letting me know that he is. I smile softly and nod my head. "Good to know..." I said.

"So... you never leave this place?" Nagai asked. I turn my head to look at him and shakes my head. "No... for the past 6 years. I've been living here" I said. He tilts his head at what I said.

"Aren't you bored?" He asked. I just shake my head. "Not at all... it's peaceful out here. Lonely? Maybe... but I like it this way. Besides, I'm not alone anymore now that you are here..." I said, smiling at him. He just looks away as I said that. But I notice a faint blush on his cheek. I shake my head and let out a laugh.

I wipe my hand after I'm finished with the dishes. I walk around the counter and take across from to him. "Soo... you know things about me here and there. It's only fair if you tell me about yourself too" I said. He blinks his eyes at my request, but nod his head in agreement. He starts to tell me his story, from before he found out he was an Ajin. I listen quietly to his story.

He was living an ordinary life as a student. He have an aim to be a doctor. But it all got ruined after getting into an accident, which revealed his identity as an Ajin. I feel bad for him. He never once mentioned about a friend. By that, I can conclude that he's pretty much a loner or an emotionally detached person.

"And about what you said a while ago, whether or not the experiment videos on the internet are real or not... it was real" he said. My eyes widened at what he said. If he can say that, which means... he was there and those people had perform those horrible experiments on him.

"Did you..." I said, hesitantly. He just nods his head at what I said. I frown as I stare at him with a sad gaze. "I'm so sorry to hear that, Nagai. You don't deserve any of this. It must be hard for you..." I said. He nods his head. Even though he looks unbothered. I can see the pain reflecting in his eyes.

"But you're safe here. Don't worry, okay?" I said. He just gives me a small smile. I turn my head slightly to look out the window to see the sun has set. We have spent hours to talk about ourselves.

"It's already night time. You should rest. You must be tired after all the runnings. Come on... I'll show you the room you can rest in..." I said, standing up. He follows me as I make my way upstairs. I lead him to a room where my uncle usually slept in.

"This room belongs to my uncle. But he's rarely here. So I think you can use this room to rest" I said. Nagai turn to look at me. "Thank you..." he said. I just smile and nod my head. I give his shoulder a gentle pat and turns around to walk towards my room.

I lay on my bed and stares at the ceiling. My eyes slowly drifted shut as I start to feel sleepy. I turn to my side, as I let myself drift off to sleep.

Dream

I can see myself at the park. I can see my mom getting shot. I watched in horror as her body fell on the ground. I feel my body getting picked up as my father runs away. I keep screaming for my mother. But it's already too late. She's already gone.