Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

Even though I'm capable of fighting and even have the power of telekinesis. But I can't move much due to my foot injury. I don't have a choice but to sit this one out. All I can hope is that... none of them would get hurt in this mission.

-Rescuing Mission-

Y/N P.O.V

Nakano asked Kei the best way to die. Apparently, he asked Mr. Ikuya how he can learn to summon his black ghost, since he's unable to. According to Mr. Ikuya, he should try dying which makes his black sand becomes a lot denser.

The three of us are now standing outside. There's a hang loop hanging on the tree. Nakano seem scared about it. But Kei told him that since he's an Ajin, he shouldn't be afraid of dying. I just stand next to him, staring at Nakano with a worried gaze. I mean, even knowing you're a Demi human, you'd still be afraid of dying. Fear is a part of us. It's in our nature.

"You're amazing, Kei..." Nakano said. I turn my head to look at Kei to see him blushing at Nakano's compliment.

I cover my mouth as an attempt to stop myself from letting out a giggle

I cover my mouth as an attempt to stop myself from letting out a giggle. "Just hurry up and die... come on, Y/N" Kei said. Nakano gasp at what he said, as the two of us turns around to leave.

"Wait! You're so mean! Are you just going to leave me here alone?" He said. Kei keeps walking without turning around. "I'm busy! Besides, the herbs on Y/N's foot is drying out. So I need to change it" he said. I just smile at what he said and turn to look at Nakano.

"Best of luck, Nakano-Kun!" I said, giving him thumbs up. Nakano just let out a sigh and wave at me. I smile softly at him and turn around, walking away with Kei.

***

Kei is currently changing my bandage with new one since the herb had dried off. He's been doing this diligently ever since the day I got injured. I admire Kei as he wraps my foot in bandage. He looks so gentle and focus as he treats my foot.

He looks up at me when I finished. I blushed when he caught me staring. He smiles at my reaction and move to kneel on his knees, placing his hands on either side of my thighs. He leans his face so it's close to mine. His action makes the blush on my cheeks darkens.

"Blushing now, I see~" he said, in a teasing tone. I back away a little and look away from him so he won't see my cheeks. I hear him laughing. He pulls away and stand up. "We should head to the meeting room..." he said. I nod my head. He hands me my crutches and helps me to stand up.

"You've became a lot bolder now..." I said, as we make our way out of my room. Kei let out a chuckle at what I said. "Blame that to yourself, Y/N" he said. I turn to look at him in confusion.

"What's that suppose to mean, Kei?" I asked, as I stop walking. He smiles and leans his face closer to mine. I froze slightly as I stare at him. His breath fanning my face.

"For being so irresistible..." he said, in a hushed tone. My cheeks starts to grow warmer at what he said. I look away and speeds up, as fast as I can with these crutches. I hear Kei chuckling behind me. Sheesh... since when did Kei learned to act so forward like that?

Kei P.O.V

I let out a soft chuckle at Y/N's reaction. She's obviously blushing. Maybe I do have a chance to win her heart. I'll keep trying my best. I will do anything if it will make Y/N accept my feelings.

We finally reach the room where everyone is. Mr. Tosaki and Ms. Shimomura is not here yet. So I will be the one to explain the plan to everyone. I glance at Y/N who's sitting on one of the seats. She notices me staring at her and look away. I just shake my head, chuckling softly to myself. I turn to the others and starts explaining the plan.

Suddenly, Ms. Shimomura enters the room looking like a complete mess. She's also visibly panicking. "Are you okay, Ms. Shimomura?" Y/N asked, staring at her with a worried gaze. I just wait for her to tell us what happened to her.

It turns out Mr. Tosaki has been captured. He would most likely be interrogated. Which means, we're at risk if we stay here any longer. I turn to look at the other and tell them pack up, because we will be moving our base for safety purposes.

But Ms. Shimomura isn't having it. She pins me against the wall and start talking how we have to go and save Mr. Tosaki. I try to reason with her that we don't have time.

"Kei..." I hear Y/N calling out for me. I stop struggling and turn to look at her. She moves to stand up and stare at me with a gentle gaze. "We have to save Mr. Tosaki. God knows what they're doing to him... I know you didn't care about him. But I do. He's a human, Kei... he didn't deserve any of this" she said. She's staring at me with a pleading look.

I let out a sigh at the way she's staring at me. She's really a weak spot for me. Now I understand why Y/N was so upset when I planned to use Mr. Tosaki's fiancée as a bait to lure him into teaming up with us. I let out a sigh and turn to look at Ms. Shimomura over my shoulder for a brief moment. I turn to look at the others who told me that they have finished packing everything.

"Go and unpack everything. We're going to rescue Mr. Tosaki..." I said. Ms. Shimomura finally releases me. I move to stand up and turn to look at Y/N. She smiles at me. I can feel my heart beating faster at her smile.

She walks towards me with her crutches and wraps her arms around my torso. "Thank you, Kei... I knew you had kindness in your heart" she said. I just smile softly and gently wrap my arms around her.

We start to device a plan to save Mr. Tosaki. But first, we need to figure out where they might be keeping him. Also how are we going to sneak in and get him out wherever he's being held captive. Let's hope everything works according to the plan, or we'll be wasting time when we have a more serious problem to handle.

*to be continued*