𝐎 𝐍 𝐄

• R A Y V E N •

• R A Y V E N •

| 6:30 am, North Carolina |

"Okay, everyone. I hope the information I just gave you makes it easier for you to finish the final project. If not, you know where I am. You're all dismissed." Mrs. Cross explains.

I walk out of class, clutching my book bag and purse. Normally, Kalon waits for me after class, but our friendship has definitely changed since Amalia arrived at school.

I try not to express my thoughts on it too much because I don't want to come to appear as the girl best-friend who is secretly "in-love" with her best-friend, so I keep a distance.

As I wait for Lani outside of my class, I scroll through Instagram.

"TWINNNNN!" Lani yells, and I raise my head from my phone. I give her a friendly smile.

Lani and Kalon have been my best friends since we were in diapers. Lani is my ride or die, and I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.

"Hi love, you ready to go?" I ask her. We plan on leaving during our lunch break to get some Chick Fi-Lia.

"Duh, girl, I'm starving." She rubs her stomach and says.

"Well, bring yo hungry ass on," I chuckle.

As I walk towards the school exit, my gaze is drawn to Kalon and Amalia.

She mugs me slightly. The fuck.

I can just make out a faint smile from Kalon. I don't return the smile, he doesn't even have it like that anymore.

He was supposed to be my best friend, and believe me, I completely respect their relationship. So I know my place, but what was the harm was it to there relationship for him to be there when I needed it the most?

In a friendly sort of way, he was my go-to person for everything, whether I needed to vent, cry, or laugh. Lani is, too, but she already has so many personal issues that I can't imagine dumping all mine on her.

When I recall how it made me too emotional the last time, I just shake off my thoughts.

"Ray, It's fine, just ignore them." Lani tells me. I listen. Without making contact again, I keep walking forward.

I've tried to rekindle our friendship, but it seems pointless when I'm the only one trying.