T W O

• K A L O N •

K A L O N •

I make direct eye contact with Rayven as she walks down the hall with Laylani. I give her a small smile, which she does not reciprocate.

I'm missing her. But I can't bring myself to say anything to her. Why?

Regardless of the terms we're currently on, she's still my best friend. She just needs to understand that I now have a girlfriend and that she cannot be one of my top priorities.

"You thinking about that bitch ain't you?" Amalia says, refocusing my attention on her.

I mug her, "Watch that bitch word bro. And I was, but it's not like that, Amalia."

She scoffs, shaking her head. "At this point just go be with her."

What?

"Jus' chill man. What's the problem with Rayven when you've got plenty of guy friends? That's been my dawg since birth, she like a sister to me. It'll never be anything more than that, so just relax." I say, staring her down.

What I said was right. I think.

Amalia is like a sibling to me... I'll always be there for her, and I know, just like she does, that I haven't been doing a good job.

"Can we get something to eat now or what?" Amalia says, a very obvious hint of attitude in her voice.

This that shit that be blowing me... like it's fine for her to be cool with every nigga but it's a problem when I'm cool with a girl I've known for years. Like what?

"Ian getting you shit until you fix that attitude." I tell her.

"You know what fuck this shit, and fuck you too." She walks away, flicking her red braids back. Her hips swinging dramatically as she walks away.

Ew.. the fuck.

I sigh. I don't have time for this hypocritical bullshit right now. So, I turn around and head to our school's other exit.