T H R E E

R

"Rayven, you wanna' go to this party with me?" Lani ask, barging into my room. Over the years, we've become so close to the point my house is literally her house. And the other way around.

"Uh, who's gonna be there?" I reply. I mess with parties and all. But if someone I don't like is there, you won't be seeing me. Simple.

Lani makes a face, one I can't quite understand. "Just the usual people, you, me, Jay, Aaliyah, Dontae, Tatum, Kal-"

The moment I hear "Kal" I already know she's about to say Kalon.

"Nope, not going. If Kalon is there, I'm not going." I rush and say before getting up off my bed.

"Ray, please. Just this one time, I swear. I can't go by myself, please." Lani pleads. I frown, she's lucky I love her.

"Sure. But I'm only staying for an hour tops, literally."

She squints her eyes at me. "You lying?"
Mimicking that one Druski video.

I can't help but laugh, "Girllll get, so I can go get ready."

Lani moves her shoulders up and down, sticking her tongue out before leaving my room.

Welp, looks like I'm going to the party.

-

Finishing up the final touches to my makeup, I pick an outfit. Like I told Laylani, I don't plan on staying long so I'm just gonna go simple.

I rummage throughout my closet until I find something. A black graphic hoodie with red words on the front, camouflage cargo pants and Air Jordan 1 Mid 10's. The red and black ones.

I walk back into my room and grab my purse along with the belongings I'm bringing with me. I honestly dread going, I don't want to see Kalon.

I'm sure if he's going, Amalia is. I don't have time for immature bullshit so if she starts, I'm leaving. Immediately, at that.

"Ray, you ready?" I look over to Lani peaking her head into my room. I nod, hesitantly.

She steps in all the way and eyes me down. "You look so good. Witcho' sexy ass."

I smile, big. I love my Lani butt. "Thank you boo."

I look down at her outfit, it's a red dress from Skims that really brings out her hazel eyes. She be eating every time.

"Tell, Dontae he gon' have to share. Cause baby, you look.. whew"

She chuckles lightly, "Oh, trust I am."

I laugh too, and we walk out the room. I'm already knowing this is about to be a hectic night, hopefully not to hectic because I don't wanna beat nobody ass.

-

We made it to Tatum's crib, where the parties always happen. Laylani puts the car in park and looks over to me, "If any bitch starts with you, mainly Amalia stank ass, let me know. Cause I'll go there with any bitch about you."

My heart warms at her words. I truly cannot express how thankful I am to have met Laylani, like seriously. She's my everything in human form. Definitely my platonic soulmate.

"You know it's visa versa, just call me and I'm on the way."

We both get out the car and start making our way up the pathway. Neither me or Lani watching where we're going, so I bumb into somebody.

Kalon.