GF/GF: Clare Devlin

Prompt: Clare and the reader have been in a secret relationship and everybody finds out.

Requested by: @thedailygeek

____________________________________
Clare's POV:
"When are we going to tell everyone about us"? I ask.

"Soon, I promise, it's just you know how my family is Clare".

"Do you think mine won't be the same"? I ask frustrated.

"Clare you know that's not what I'm trying to say at all, I know that you're parents won't react well but they won't react as bad as mine." Y/n says.

"How do you know that Y/N"? I quiz her, a bit annoyed with what she said.

"Honestly Clare I..." Y/N tries to explain herself when she gets cut off from a loud crash outside.

"Clare what was that?"

"I don't know but I'll check". I open the door to check but there's nothing there.

"What was it"? Y/N asks me.

"There's nothing there". I tell her with confusion
Written all over my face.

"Maybe it was outside then Clare". She reasons.

"It sounded like it came from inside".

"There's nothing there so let's just leave it". She tells me. "We weren't finished talking".

"Let's finish talking then".

"As I was trying to say..." she sighs "...I can't guarantee that your parents will act better than mine Clare, I really can't and I shouldn't have said that they would so I am sorry".

"It's fine, I shouldn't have tried pressuring you into telling everyone, if you're not ready then it's not fair on you".

"Yeah but if you're ready then me not being ready isn't fair on you either. Maybe we should just tell them".
____________________________________
Y/n's POV:
*Next day*
When I got to school I met up with the others like every day but for some reason Clare wasn't there.
"Where's Clare"? I question them.

"Why don't you tell us"? Erin asks.

"What do you mean"? I ask confused.

"We know about you and Clare. We knew you were lying to us about something. Erin says she looks and sounds quite angry.

"How"? I ask.

"That doesn't matter. What does matter is that you both lied to us". We're supposed to be your friends, can you seriously not trust us"? Michelle asks looking offended.

"It's not because of that, we just didn't want anyone to know". I say on the verge of tears.

"Why"? James asks.

"I don't know." I reply quietly.

Erin sighs. "You know you'll both always have us don't you"? She says hugging me I just nod.

Maybe telling everyone else won't be so bad after all.

(A/N: I haven't updated this book in a while and I've got to figure out what to write for the requests. Also I know this isn't the best I've ever written.)