SSM- Orla McCool

Information:
You're 2 years older than Orla so you are 18.
Your name is Y/N McCool.
Your in your last year at school.
Prompt: you defend her.
________________________________________________
Your POV:
I was sat in the school hall watching Jenny Joyce and her little posey singing. It's supposed to be a talent show but it's not really. After Jenny had finished singing sister Michael shouts Orla's name. That's when it hit me she hadn't been sat with us. This is an absolute nightmare. I know she's going to be took as a joke. When Orla comes on the stage I know exactly what she's going to start doing. Erin and I just looked at each other, she must have known too. After a few seconds people were laughing like they never had before. I mean I know it's strange but she's expressing herself and if she feels confident then they should let her keep that. I overhear this little first year calling my sister a dick.

Before I can respond I hear Erin saying "Yeah. she may be a dick, but she's my dick."

Then I hear Claire remark with "No she's our dick."

The two girls just smile at each other and join Orla on the stage. I also join them, so does Michelle and James.
After the show I ask sister Michael if I could say something.

"Why is it when somebody is feeling confident and happy about themselves other people set out to destroy that. Yes, ok, maybe Orla is a little strange but that's nothing compared to what you're going to see in the world. Life is too short to live in the shadows of others and hang back in the crowd. You have to do what you love and that's what she is doing. I'll have her back no matter what happens, yeah? Just as long as she is doing what she loves. I know this speech is boring you, hell, it's boring me but it needs to be said, so unless you want to hear something like this again I suggest you think before you speak." I announce quite proud of myself for having the courage to say that.