8.

The flat in question was located in a mediocre looking building on the seventh floor. The floors were treated concrete, a large but simple gray throw rug covering the largest portion in the sitting area. One wall was filled with floor to ceiling windows, letting in the natural daylight and a view over the smaller surrounding buildings. In the corner stood a black baby grand piano opposite a simple black leather couch. Off the main room was a small kitchen and eating area, and beyond that was a simple bedroom with a queen sized bed, wardrobe, and bathroom.

Yoon Gi was surprised by how nice it looked, never having imagined a place like this. He had lived outside so long since his last time as a human that many things had changed. He caught his reflection in the large window and was busy staring at himself when Ji Min's words brought his focus back to his surroundings.

"Ahh, I see Jin was nice enough to stock some delicacies for you." Ji Min's head was buried in the small refrigerator.

Yoon Gi joined the spirit in the small kitchen, opening the few cupboards to see a sparse selection of dried goods and a few cups and plates.

Ji Min had emerged from his excavation of the fridge with a bowl holding fresh strawberries.

Yoon Gi's mouth watered and his stomach growled. He made to take the bowl from Ji Min, but the spirit yanked it out of his reach.

"Yah!" Yoon Gi cried in frustration. "You don't need to eat!"

"It doesn't mean I don't enjoy food. Where do you think those offerings go?" Ji Min's mouth pushed forward in a pout.

Yoon Gi gave the spirit an incredulous look, crossing his arms over his chest. "Don't they just rot?"

"Not exactly." Ji Min passed the bowl of strawberries through his mouth and Yoon Gi watched as they slowly lost their bright red coloring and shriveled into nothing.

"That is... disgusting." Yoon Gi turned away, no longer feeling hungry.

He wandered into the bedroom, opening every cabinet and drawer he came across, exploring everything. There were half a dozen black shirts of different styles as well as black pants. Everything was black. Somehow that made sense to him, since he had been a black cat. He didn't really care because it meant picking out clothes would be super simple. He only glanced in the bathroom at the claw footed tub and shower before deciding he didn't think he would use it.

Returning to the main room, he noticed Ji Min was now laying on his back on top of the piano's closed lid.

"So what do I do now?" He asked the spirit as he dropped down onto the couch.

"Why don't you start with learning about caring?" Ji Min waved his hand casually and a stack of books materialized on the table in front of Yoon Gi.

"Really?" Yoon Gi leaned back on the couch and crossed his arms over his chest.

Ji Min turned his head to look at him. "Considering the number of times you've tried before without knowing what you should be trying to do, exactly, yes! Study up, buttercup." He turned his head back to the ceiling and closed his eyes.

Yoon Gi rolled his eyes. He never enjoyed studying, let alone reading. And the number of books that had materialized... it would easily take him a week to read them all. And where would he start?

After pouting for almost an hour, he finally picked up the book on top and opened it. He didn't notice Ji Min crack an eye to see him do so or the smile playing across his lips before returning to his "sleep."

Yoon Gi had gotten so absorbed in the reading, which was going much faster than he thought, having already finished three sizable books, and only realized how much time had passed when a sunbeam had crept across the floor and up to warm his body where he lounged on the couch.