Chapter Twenty

Donghyuck got a positive result from the pregnancy test, so now he needed to plan how to talk to Mark. It seemed the hardest right now as they hadn't spoken for fourteen days. Those days had to be enough for Mark to realize he was gay or at least bisexual and maybe start being nice to gays. But the most confident gay never heard any word from him.

They passed by each other in the hallways, but only Donghyuck was the one to look at the senior. Obviously, Mark avoided any eye contact! And he had good, but awkward methods to pretend that he didn't see the brunette. The senior ended up looking in the opposite direction or getting interested in his books so suddenly. He loved to lock his eyes at the distance and answer calls, although no one actually called him. Donghyuck could see the senior's wallpaper as the latter always had his screen at the highest brightness.

Seeing Mark behaving like this made Donghyuck awkward too. If Mark was actually straight and now was ashamed and regretted fucking a gay enemy, Donghyuck was also embarrassed! How did he get so low that he did it with a straight guy? Of course, it was all for Noram...

In short, Mark avoided Donghyuck, and the latter wasn't very motivated to approach the senior either. Maybe that's why the brunette felt relieved as he heard about the upcoming game from Jeno. A baseball game of a team their university will go against in a week. Mark will definitely be present there! Donghyuck too. It was a perfect opportunity to talk.

But as the day came, things weren't how they were supposed to be. Stepping inside the arena, Donghyuck was so nervous that he walked past Mark without even noticing him and missing the perfect chance. He let go of Noram's hand, and without even saying a thing, he rushed to the bathroom, where he threw up. It must've been because of all the stress―although pregnancy symptoms started too.

As he washed his hands and tried to fix his appearance, he facepalmed as he recalled leaving Noram in the middle of nowhere. That was very irresponsible for someone who'd have to be a parent. It was understandable, though. He had no experience in taking care of the kids.

When he came out, in relief, he spotted Noram with familiar people―the kid harassed Jeno and Mark with his talks. Both looked in a good mood, which made Donghyuck lose the happiness he just started getting back. He was so embarrassed to see two Daddy candidates talking to a kid that belonged to one of them. There was no way he would approach them and act sanely.

As if two daddies weren't enough, Jaemin also joined them. Donghyuck wanted to disappear into thin air, so neither of those guys could see him. He won't come up to them for sure. If he felt awkward keeping a distance from them, he knew it would be even worse if he came closer. Donghyuck felt awkward with Mark for what they did, but he felt even worse for betraying Jaemin. The most sinister was that Jaemin didn't know what his friend was doing with Jeno behind his back, but Jeno had no idea that Donghyuck also hooked up with Mark. It was all because of him!

He faced a wall and pretended to admire the pictures of a free gallery. Whatever he saw didn't calm him down. Actually, he barely saw anything. His eyes were on the framed pictures, but nothing about them stayed in his memory. Donghyuck didn't even know what he was seeing. His hands trembled, and he was in so much tension that he flinched when Renjun touched his shoulder.

"Gosh, I'm so nervous," he exposed his feelings as he thought of it as the best mechanism.

"I can tell," Renjun grimaced. "It'll be a very interesting game. These guys are on the same level as Jeno and his team."

"For sure..."

"Since we still have time until it starts, can we talk for a moment?"

Donghyuck avoided this before, but if talking to Renjun meant going somewhere private, far away from all these people, he couldn't miss it.