S E V E N T E E N

Aemond's P.O.V.

"They aren't trying to eat her... Are they?"

"You idiot. She's their princess." I snort while sending him a bored look. "They wouldn't dare."

"Oh... Right."

I stand beside Aegon as we stride towards our dragons, Sunfyre and Vhagar. We plan on riding them this afternoon and giving them some time away from just sitting around. Our dragons have been on land for far too long and we need to give them a ride in the sky before they take matters into their own hands.

However, it appears Desiree is already with them and giving them her company as if she knows we cooped them up on land for too long. Wandering towards the three savage beasts, I hear Desiree laughing while Sunfyre nudges her up with his muzzle. In the next second, Sunfyre tosses her delicately as Vhagar brings her head underneath Desiree's body.

Desiree hands on top of Vhagar's head in a fit of giggles before grabbing onto her scales. Vhagar lifts her head in the air with Desiree on top of it, and I hear Desiree let out a giddy squeal. The scene in front of my brother and me causes us to let out our own quiet chuckles.

Aegon and I are comfortable with our dragons, but we'll never be as carefree with them as Desiree. She acts like a kid friend to our dragons while we act as their masters. However, neither one of us would have it any other way.

"Vhagar, don't go any higher!" Desiree shrieks as Vhagar's head keeps lifting, with my little bird still on top of it. "I beg you!"

The sight of Desiree at this moment might be the most amusing thing I've ever seen. She's wearing a bright pink dress while laying and clinging onto the top of Vhagar's dark scaled skin face. She sticks out like a sore thumb in her dress and looks tiny compared to my dragon.

I watch as Sunfyre flaps his wings to fly above Vhagar and Desiree. Aegon's dragon then lets out a shriek and huffing sound while facing my little bird as he flies over her. Desiree then lifts her head to look at Sunfyre and snaps in childish panic.

"Don't you dare!"

I grin and let out a breath from watching the conversation I can only partly understand. Over the years, I've wondered what Desiree could have to talk about with the creatures in this realm. However, by the looks of how the three are behaving in front of us, I guess they have plenty to talk about.

When Aegon and I finally reach the three playing around, Vhagar slowly lowers her head while Sunfyre lowers himself back onto the ground. It's as if the dragons know playtime is over and they have to give up their princess. When Vhagar rests her head on the ground, I come up to her and pat the side of her face before looking up at Desiree, who is still clinging on top of her head.

"Do you need help getting down, little bird?" I hum out while trying to hide an entertained smirk. Nodding her head, she reaches for me and answers impatiently. "Yes. Please."

Lifting my arms out for her, I watch as Vhagar snaps her head to toss Desiree off her face. Desiree shrieks in surprise at abruptly getting thrown off the dragon and I'm quick to get her in my arms. Catching her bridal style, I watch Desiree let out a breath of relief that she didn't fall to her doom.

"Care for a ride, Desiree?" Aegon speaks up while rubbing the scales on Sunfyre's neck. "You may ride with me on Sunfyre or you may ride me, your choice."

"Tempting offer, Aegon. As always." Desiree snorts sarcastically while I release her legs so she can stand on her own. Keeping my arm around her waist, I listen to her suggesting carefree while she plays with the tips of my hair. "... But why don't I just fly with you boys myself?"