F I F T Y - T H R E E

Aemond's P.O.V.

"Hm..." 

Smiling softly and observing my wife wandering around our bedchambers, I hum in a carefree manner. I'm sitting in front of the fireplace with a scroll in hand while a little green dragon rests on my knee who is watching its queen fixing her hair. Warming myself from the morning breeze with the small fire in front of my seat, I take in the sight of my little bird getting ready for her planned entanglements of the day.

"I ought to force you back in bed... You are the sort of bride that needs to remain in the sheets and be well satisfied long after her wedding night." 

I tease while sending her a sly expression and tapping the parchment in my hand with my dragon-free knee. The baby dragon on my other knee acts as if it is about to attack the paper while darting its eyes from Desiree and the scroll. I'm not sure why the little green dragon is here with us, though I'm assuming a creature will always be in my quarters, out of security for the queen by nature.

"Most brides are not queens... Or confidants to the Iron Throne." 

Desiree points out playfully while roaming towards me as she fixes the top of her dress. This morning, my little bird is wearing a pale grey dress that flows sweetly around her legs whenever she walks. The dress has a beautiful deep V-neck with hand-beaded, see through midriff lace that goes around the back to the Deep V open back. 

It has regal, long, flowing cap sleeves that have her olive skim arms stand out with every action they make. All her womanly curves show underneath the fabric of the dress admirably and I can imagine her wearing this with a plump, round baby belly. Her hair is in a plain low bun and she has a matching grey ribbon tied through her bun to make a bow at the top.

My little bird is a goddess divine... And she's all mine.

"Though, I promise... My dear dragon king..." Desiree speaks up again with a crooked smile as she comes to stand beside where I sit. Leaning over me, she presses a sweet kiss on my sapphire eye before whispering charmingly. "I am completely and exceedingly well satisfied."

"Music to my ears, little bird." I admit, while tipping head to meet her lips with a gentle kiss. Smiling brightly into my lips, Desiree pecks them once more briefly before walking away and teasing me. "Hm. I understood my moans of your name as the music to your ears... Am I mistaken?"

"No." I chuckle faintly while watching her opening the jewelry box I gave to her. As she pulls out her sapphire necklace, I comment honestly with a glint in my eye. "Most sounds you make are sounds of music to me... Even the squawks you made as a little bluebird."

Giggling at my confession, Desiree nods her head while thinking about memories of when she was only my little bird. We both can recall times when she was cackling at me with an attitude of a little bird and I couldn't understand what she was saying, though I was simply enjoying her notes towards me. Noticing her unlocking the necklace to put the chain around her neck, I speak up in a voice of contentment.

"Come here, little bird. I shall do it."

Strolling towards where I sit and handing me the necklace, Desiree fondly sits down on my lap and causes the little dragon to fly off my knee. The baby green dragon lands on her lap as she moves to get comfortable on my thighs. Her soft blue eyes are on me with such affection and I signal her with my fingers to turn her head so I may put the necklace around her neck.

Turning so the back of her neck is facing me, Desiree breathes out softly while relaxing her shoulders. I then raise my hands and wrap the sapphire necklace around her collar before connecting the ends of the chain together behind her neck. When I hear the click that means it's attached, I carefully lower the Valyrian steel to rest on her skin.