seven

WALKING INTO THE honda center emerson was suprisingly not nervous. the boys said bye to emerson as she waited in the lobby for her boss to greet her.

"hello, are you emerson caufield?" a man asked emerson. he was probably around the age of 35. "yes i am." she told him, flashing a smile. "i'm joshua porter, director of photography and media for the ducks" he introduced himself. "it's nice to meet you mr. porter." emerson said shaking his hand.

"i'd like to show you the media room and some of the spots we take pictures during games. also, i'll show you the gym where you will be taking photos for some of the off season. after that i'll introduce to the other photographers and media consultants, and then the team." joshua told emerson directing her to a room with a duck on the door.

"so this is the media room. we mostly have backdrops and tables for when the boys do public signings and stuff like that. then a few desks to edit pictures and stuff like that." joshua said then directing her towards the rink.

"wow, this is beautiful." emerson said looking around the arena.

he took her down by the ice and showed the spots her camera could fit to get good action shots.

then took her up into one of the upper bowls and showed her more spots for more aerial shots.

"this arena is so cool. i've been to a lot of arenas and this has got to be one of the coolest i've been to." emerson smiled at mr. porter.

the pair then headed to the gym where emerson knew she would see trevor and jamie.

"so this is the gym, the team is just doing some training to make sure they're prepped for this upcoming season." he said leading emerson into the gym where she saw trevor doing some squats and jamie running on the treadmill.

trevor saw her and discreetly waved to her, in which she returned the gesture.

"this is really nice." emerson said looking around.

"let's go back to the media room and you can meet everyone and then you can meet the team." joshua said leading her back to the media room.

when they got to the room there was a guy and two girls. "this is parker." james said gesturing towards the guy and parker shook emerson's hand. then the first girl, a blonde "i'm haley." the blonde said shaking emerson's hand as parker did. and finally the last girl, a redhead. "hi, i'm nova." she said to emerson, shaking her hand as well. "i'm emerson." emerson told the three new people she met. "it's nice to meet you all, i'm excited to work with you guys." emerson added.

"i'm going to go introduce emerson to the team, you guys can come with us if you want." joshua told the group.

"so the boys just finished their workouts, so i'm just going to see if they are dressed so they can meet you." joshua said walking into the locker room.

"so, where are you from?" nova asked emerson as they waited for joshua, "wisconsin. but i lived in michigan for a while cause my twin brother played for usa hockey." emerson told nova and parker. "oh, did your brother get drafted?" parker asked. "yeah, he got drafted to the canadiens this year." she told him. "what's his name?" parker then asked her. "cole caufield." said emerson.

"they are all dressed if you three want to come in." joshua said peeking his head out of the door. and they all moved towards the locker room.

emerson went in first and joshua introduced her, "everybody this is emerson caufield our newest photographer and media consultant." emerson smiled at everybody. "it's nice to meet you all, and i can't wait to start taking pictures this season!" she said with a smile looking at the whole team.