Act I - Chapter 6

"Let's see here... If I were a group of assassins who just finished a job, where would I go to lay low at?" Rose says while perched atop a tall building. Looking around the slumbering nighttime of the capital, cloaked in darkness, she activates her ether vision to locate the assassins. "When Rex showed me the arrow, it was highlighted in a faded, lighter shade of black. So if I look for that, I should be able to... Found them!"

She pats herself down once more to ensure that she has all of her weapons and other items before jumping down to engage them in the abandoned building.

"Throwing knives, check. Combat knife, check. String, check. Cloak, check. Everything seems good. Seems like there are three of them as Mr. Hiro thought. One of them is an archer, so in a tight, confined space like this one, I shouldn't have to worry too much about them. The one I'm worried about is the teleporter since he is probably the strongest of the three. The man with the sound ability shouldn't be too bad this time around since I know what I'm fighting and I know how to dodge it." She mumbles to herself as she enters Hyper Speed and teleports down to the abandoned building. She approaches the building still looking through it to find the black ether signature. She sees the black signature, along with two more signatures, one gray and the other white. She assumes that the archer is with their other two partners in crime. Rose takes a deep breath, and teleports inside the building.

She teleports in, directly in front of the person with the black ether signature, throwing a hard punch at the assassin, landing directly on their chin and knocking them unconscious. As she connects, Rose realizes this assassin was a young girl not too much older than herself. "No time to think about that right now." She thinks to herself as she turns and throws a knife at one of the other two, who had now become aware of her presence. The bigger man teleports past the knife and attempts to strike with a hard straight punch. She turns to dodge it, and, using the momentum from her dodge, she counterattacks with a spinning heel kick to his head. He blocks it, but it still connects with tremendous force and sends him reeling backwards. "Elajuel! Stand down! Not here, and not now." The bigger man, Elajuel, stops in his tracks and teleports back to his remaining partner. Visibly fuming at the situation, Elajuel speaks, saying, "Her name is Vuella. You can take her, but please don't kill her."

"And if I do?"

"I don't think you want to find that out, little lady."

"Threatening me is the equivalent of threatening the Royal Family."

"And you think I wouldn't threaten them? How about you get out of here before I lose my cool?"

Taking his advice, Rose grabs the girl and attempts to teleport out. Just before she leaves, she turns back to the remaining assassins.

"I can try to protect her, but there are some people in the palace who don't take too well to archers who shoot their king. It would be best if you made your decision quickly."

Once she finishes speaking, she teleports back to the palace, with Vuella in tow. Upon entering, Rose looks around to see if anyone is awake before proceeding. She is met with the oh so familiar ticking clock and moonlit foyer. After a moment passes she collapses on the ground.

"'And if I do?' What the hell is wrong with me?! I could've died if I pissed them off anymore!" She screams at herself in her head.

She stands back up, dusting herself off. As she stands over Vuella, she looks her over, inspecting her for anything noteworthy. She's a fairly good-looking girl. Bright red hair, fair skin, at about the same height as Rose, and a good figure. Rose ponders the reason why a girl like her became an assassin as she strips her of her weapons and ties her up with a rope. "Aaaaahhhhh, haaaaa... I'm pretty beat, but if I want to sleep, I have to do something about her." She ponders, while looking at Vuella. After a few moments, Vuella begins to regain consciousness, shaking her head left and right. Making out Rose's figure in the moonlit darkness in front of her, she attempts to say something, but is cut off by Rose covering her mouth with her hand. Rose puts a finger over her mouth, signaling for her to be quiet. Rose whispers to her, "Ummm... Don't say anything just yet. We can't have anyone hearing you, because they might try to kill you. If I ask a question, answer by nodding your head 'yes' or 'no'. Do you understand?" Vuella nods her head yes and Rose proceeds with her questions. Removing her hand from Vuella's mouth, she says "I guess we can start with introductions. My name is Rose, and I'm the one who captured you. I heard from your partners that your name was Vuella." She nods her head 'yes', and Rose continues. "Good. Next thing. Do you know who Rex Azor is and what he's capable of?"