nine

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

°•. ┊ Safe and Sound ┊.•°
✧ ˚ ━ screaming at the sky, act one

CHAPTER NINE — til my pity party's in flames( episode nine ; party guessed )

( episode nine ; party guessed )

A knock on my window removes me from my thoughts and I glance at my reflection in the mirror, before making my way over. "Jas? What are you doing here?" I question, releasing the latch and moving to let him in. The boy ignores my previous question and asks me if I plan on attending Lydia's party. "Yeah, the boys are going, obviously Drea is and Alli sort of guilted me into it." I tell him, as he takes a seat in my desk chair and I cross the room.

"You think Jackson will show?"

"I don't know, Jas." I sigh, grabbing the converse from my closet and sitting on the edge of my bed to slip them on. "Did you want something or are you just here to ask me stupid fucking questions?"

"I'm sorry." He blurts out, leaning against his elbows as he looks at me. "For what I said, for acting like such an ass, for all of it."

"I'm not the one you should apologize to. He's blaming himself, J." I start, standing up again, running a hand through my hair. "Our dad is feeling like all he's doing is failing. First with you, then Stiles and now his job–"

"What about his job?"

"He got suspended...indefinitely." I tell him and he quickly rises to his feet, heading for the window. "What are you doing?"

"Full moon." Jasper states, matter-of-factly.

"Be careful tonight."

"You too, T." And with that he slips back out the window and I close it behind him. My phone goes off and I find a message from Drea telling me that she's outside. I remove the device from the charger and throw a cardigan on, making my way out of the house.

"Ready?" The girl asks, when I open the front door.

I shrug my shoulders with a sarcastic smile, opening the driver side door to my car and we both get in, making the trip to the Martin residence. The two of us hop out of the car, the sound of the music growing with each step we take towards the house. We pass the threshold and the number of people inside has me making a beeline for the back door, Drea in tow. We reach the backyard and I scan the area for any signs of familiar faces, finding Scott and Stiles hugging the edge of the pool. "I'm gonna go greet the birthday girl." Dee says and I nod with a knowing expression. "Shut up." The two of us part ways and I head for the guys.