Merry Christmas, Etc. [S1&EP10]

We could dance, run about
But you keep starin' at each other's mouths
Boy, go on kiss her (kiss her)
○ Snowshoes ○
~ CAAMP ~

Elle thanked God the call that went over the loudspeaker wasn't for Squad, her hands were dipped in red hair dye as she pushed the product through the pieces of hair she had missed while doing it wine-drunk last night.

"Hey," Kelly walked into the bathroom. "Oh, what is that smell?"

"Hair dye...does it smell that bad?"

"Yes," He chuckled.

"Guess I'm nose blind,"

"Lucky you,"

"What's up?" Elle asked as she pulled the dyed hair up into a knot at the top of her head.

"Not much, how did that cat commission you did, turn out?"

"Really good, actually"

"Yeah?" Kelly asked, hating how badly his shoulder pained him but loving how aware he was in the moment. "That's good, I'm glad"

"You're acting strange," She looked over at him as she pulled off her plastic gloves.

"I am not" Kelly smiled.

"Are too!... Oh is it that pharma rep that Shay was talking about?"

"Shay was talking about her?" He put a hand on his neck. "Uh, yeah. We're friendly"

"'Friendly'? What an interesting word for 'sleeping with"

"What-"

"We're adults, Kelly. And for the record, happy you found someone" She nodded.

I don't know if she's 'someone', Kelly thought before saying goodbye to Elle and walking back into the hallway and into the kitchen.

Elle waited her hair to color before she rinsed her hair out and braiding it against her head.

《♡》《♡》《♡》《♡》《♡》《♡》

Towards the end of shift she ran in to Matt, "Hey" He said.

"Did I just see Griffin? The guy you punched for talking-"

"About Mom, yeah he was...long story"

"Did he leave? I'd love to punch his smug face" Elle replied before someone informed them,

"Casey's. you got a visitor in the break room"

"Chris, this is a nice surprise" Matt said as he opened the door. "Merry Christmas," He hugged her.

Elle didn't move to hug her, she just stood in front of her.

"Yeah, Merry Christmas...almost done shopping. Hey, Elle. How are you?" Christie smiled at them both.

"Busy, what's up?" Elle didn't know why she was being so uptight, her guess was the stress of the trial.

"I couldn't remember if you were a extra-large or a large...so there's a gift receipt in there," She handed Matt a green wrapped gift with a red bow before turning to Elle.