Explode

Senna's pov

Song inspo Infinity Piano Version by Jaymes Young

Price helped me climb out of the car as he pulled up to a spot near where him and Soap had set up for Simon and I to be married. 

It had taken us a few months to decide on things. Sometimes we wanted to just have something quick and get it over with, Sometimes we wanted to give Soap and Price something more since they had both been so excited about it. 

In the end we'd settled on something in between. We picked the field where he had proposed, now in mid spring it was filled with green grass and flowers at random. There were no seats, no isle to walk down. Just Simon facing away from me as he waited for Soap to turn him around. 

There was another man beside him too, on the other side. A minister, someone local that Johnny had found and set up with us, explaining our long list of rules and warnings. 

I didn't want to dress up, I know it isn't matter but I knew that Callum would have loved to see me in a dress and Johnny pushed for it too. 

I had to hold onto Price's arm tight to hide my shaking as he readied to walk me to my soon to be husband. My father couldn't be there,  nor could Callum, it only seemed right now that Price be the one to give me away. 

Soap nudged Simon, letting him know I was ready for him to turn around. Soap had dressed to the t, a suit and all and he probably picked out one of Simon. Ghost skipped the jacket though, turning around in a pair of black dress pants and white buttoned up shirt that did wonders for the size of his arms and strong shoulders. He didn't sport a tie, instead the top button was undone like he needed the room to breathe. 

His eyes met mine when he turned around and I wanted to melt right then and there. I told him he could wear his mask but he decided not too. His hair was still out of place like he had it on earlier but I preferred it that way. 

My own hair was loose in waves down around my shoulders because I knew he liked it that way too, I had been able to grow it out a good bit. I would never wear heels, but I'd picked out a dress for him. It was white, strapless and came down to my mid thigh, the lace that covered it tickled my skin. 

I didn't carry flowers and I was happy for it, placing my other hand on Price's arm as well as he walked me towards them. 

"Steady, kid." He whispered to me, himself in a suit but looking more relaxed in it like Ghost without the jacket. 

I gave him a nod as we came to a stop, leaning up to kiss his cheek before he moved to stand on my side, where I wished my brother could be. 

Simon and I turned to face each other then and we didn't need to say anything. No quick 'you look beautiful' or 'I love you' when all we had to say could be seen in each other's eyes. 

At the ministers request I reached out and took Simon's hands, only to find they were shaking a bit like mine. I bit back a smile, but I think he caught it anyway because a small one found his lips. 

The minister spoke but I couldn't really focus on his words, I was too focused on Simon and how his eyes stayed locked on mine. 

I could have stood like that forever in his gaze. I'd been surprised when he asked me to marry him. It just didn't seem like something we needed to do, but I was glad he did. If he wanted to prove to me how much  he loved me then I wanted to do the same for him. And in this way, I knew we'd never be apart again. 

"You're friend has informed me you've prepared your own vows." The minister said then, bringing my attention to him. Johnny did tell me that, but I hadn't come up with anything, wanting to just say what was on my mind. 

"I love you." I said simply, knowing that was enough.

"I know. Always." Simon said back, squeezing my hands.  

That was all we needed to say, we knew everything else already. 

The rings were next, Price handed Simon's to me and I slipped it on his finger, a simple silver band to match my own. 

Johnny handed Ghost mine and I realized when he slipped it on that our hands had stopped shaking. 

"Do you, Simon take Senna to be-" the minister started but Simon interrupted him. 

"I do." He said and I felt the heat in me grow. 

"Do you, Senna, take Simon -" I did the same, we didn't need him to ask and read the long list of things we knew we'd do for each other. 

"I do." I said, ready to step closer and kiss him. 

"I now pronounce you, dead." The minister said. 

Wait, what? 

It took me a second to register it and as I turned to look at him I could see him pull the grenade from inside his jacket. I heard the sound of him pulling the pin. Price yelled something. 

Suddenly Simon was pulling on my hand, away from where the man was now pushed to the ground, the grenade still in his hand. He looked sad and crazy at the same time. 

As Simon pushed me down into the tall grass, moving to lay on top of me, I could see his lips forming silent numbers. He was counting. When he reached five, it went off. 

---notes
Aaahhh omg were back!!! You know I had to start this one off with a bang.

Pun intended.