Chapter 21: Assault on the Fortress!

(BEFORE INFILTRATION)

"60 SECONDS!"

Captain America yelled that as the ULTIMATE ALLIANCE airship was approaching the fortress. All the heroes were at his back hanging by the back ramp awaiting it to open up where they'd perform a halo jump into oncoming Anti-Air. Anti-Air attacks that were being performed by the Hydra Sentinels. It was a catch 22 because they needed to divert enemy attention away from Nilin and her team so they could disable the Sentinels. But they really needed them disabled now for an optimal assault.

As Captain America gauged the distance and allotted time before the jump, Iron-Man (Who'd just rested up with Morrigan) was giving the sit rep to the boys in the back.

"We're going to keep this clean and simple!" He said as he armored up. "Flyboys and girls will fly out and divert enemy fire! Then the rest of you who need parachutes will follow. Hopefully this will reduce risk of casualties!"

"I Am Groot?" Groot two asked.

"I Am Groot..." The other Groot said somberly.

"45 SECONDS!" Captain America warned.

Thor stepped up to question Tony a little bit.

"Well what of me?" He asked.

"You'll be flying out with us Goldilocks."

Thor stroked his chiseled chin. "But I don't fly."

"What? Of course you do, I've seen you do it a hundred times!"

Thor corrected him. "No my hammer flies. I'm just along for the ride."

Tony sighed as Morrigan giggled seeing him get so visibly upset. "Okay then your hammer will be flying with us. Is that alright?" Tony asked as Thor shrugged.

"That's fine I just wanted to know what I was doing." He said as Iron-Man ceased listening to his ongoing under his breath rant that he was having.

"30 SECONDS TO DROP!" Cap said.

Dante then stood near the edge of the platform as Iron-Man waved for him to go back. Dante shook his head in disagreement before Iron-Man attempted to hand him a parachute. The Devil Hunter declined.

"What too cool to wear Kevlar?" Tony asked.

"Of course not. It's the pizza of fabrics."

"Excuse sword man!" Thor said. "What does that mean?"

"Yes I too would like to know!" Arthur (Ghosts n' Goblins) said.

"It means it's good. Look that's not the point; I don't need a parachute I've got my Devil Trigger." Dante said as Morrigan licked her lips and Arthur seemed aghast.

"Devil what!?" He pulled his jousting lance on Dante like a Detroit shakedown. "I work with no Devil!"

"He's not a Devil" Trish said. "Well... not completely."