Chapter 11: Focus on the Future

Brilliant mind and brilliant muscle sat side by side in meditation together. Ryu taking in deep breaths through his nose, legs crossed as Bruce Banner mimicked him. Peaking over at him as Ryu maintained his focus.

"Will this really work?" Bruce asked.

"..."

"I mean... how could this help me control my anger?"

"It won't."

"Then why are we doing this?"

"What I mean is, that it won't if you keep talking."

"Oh..." Bruce said embarrassed.

And with that, Bruce went back to silent meditation. Following Ryu's lead yet again. The two breathed deeply in unison with each other. Bruce was trying desperately to find serenity. It seemed to come so easy to Ryu, but for Bruce it didn't come so naturally. He found himself squirming and breathing heavier.

"Slow your breathing. Focus, and clear your mind." Ryu advised.

"That's easy enough for you to say. My mind always seems to be racing a million lightyears a minute. Metaphorically speaking of course." Bruce elaborated.

"It'll slow in time... once you begin to let in thoughts of peace."

"..." Bruce sat for a moment, observing Ryu in his moment of Zen. Remembering how evil overtook him when they battled as the Hulk. "Does it work?"

In that moment Ryu took one more deep breath.

"It has too."

Off in the tree line was Spider-Man. Relaxing in the shade with Chun-Li as they lay in hammocks made of Spidey's webbing. The four of them were waiting on Amaterasu & The Wasp as they flew ahead looking for clues of the whereabouts of whatever caused that explosion. As they waited Venom was still watching Spider-Man from afar. Waiting for a moment when Spider-Man was alone.

"Do you see that Amaterasu!?" The Wasp yelled as she flew

*Woof!*

"Yeah! Flying straight ahead!" The Wasp began to flutter faster. "Let's speed up!"