Chapter 8

After a uneventful two days they arrive at the Moogle Village in the afternoon. They ask around about the thief. One of the Moogles tells them to talk to the village Elder Dannon he might know something. He lives in a big Yellow house the Moogle tells them. They walk over to the Yellow house. Lilac knocks on the door a Moogle wearing butler clothes answers the door.

"Yes what can I do for you?" He politely says to them.

"We would like to speak to Elder Dannon please." Lilac said to the butler.

"Right this way." They enter the house they follow him to parlor. The butler asks them to wait. After about ten minutes of waiting elder Dannon enters the room.

"My butler tells me that you want to talk to me what can I do for you?" He asks.

"We would like to know if you have seen anyone strange in your villlage lately." Zane asks him.

" Now that you mention it I did notice someone acting strange leaving the village this morning while I was taking a walk." He tells them.

"Was it a man or woman?" Zane asks.

"I think it was a man the persons head was down so I can't really say for sure. I do remember that the person had white hair and bunny ears." Elder Dannon answers.

"White hair and bunny ears you must have seen my brother Zack." Ariana says.

"How long ago did you see this person?" Brandon asks elder Dannon.

"An hour ago I think." The elder tells Brandon.

While they are talking a Moogle with a green pom pom bursts through the door.

"Elder the Jewel of Zanna has been stolen!" The Moogle tells him.

"Stolen are you sure Thomas?" Elder Dannon asks the Moogle.

"Yes sir it was my turn to guard the Jewel while I was making my rounds this morning. I was hit on the head when I came to the Jewel was gone." The Moogle rubs a bump on his head.

"Thomas go get your head looked at by Anna." He tells him.

"Anna is our villages healer." He tells them as Thomas leaves the room.

"We will help you get the Jewel of Zanna back. If my suspicions are correct that is the same thief that stoled my Aunt's necklace. Zane says to Elder Dannon.

"Thank you." Elder Dannon says to Zane. They leave the Elders house.

"Do you think that the person that the elder saw might have been your brother?" Rebecca asks Ariana.

"I am sure of it since male Viera are rare our females mostly give birth to girls. No one really knows why this happens." Ariana explains to them.

"Could your brother be the thief Ariana?" John asks her.

"No my brother would never steal from anyone." Ariana says.

"Okay I just find it strange that while a person that looked similar to your brother was at the village when the Jewel was stolen." John says to her.

"My brother is not a thief!" Ariana shouts she runs out of the Moogle Village.

Brandon glares at John as he goes after Ariana. He finds her crying under a Maple tree just outside of the village.

"I am sorry about John he can be a jerk sometimes." Brandon says as he sits down next to her he takes her into his arms. She looks up at Brandon he wipes a tear from her eye he hands her his handkerchief so she can blow her nose.

"Thank you Brandon I know that John wasn't trying to be mean I just love my brother Zack so much he is all I have since our parents were killed by Hellhounds when we were little. It is hard to think that he would steal anything he has always been a quiet gentle person." She tells Brandon.

"He was always the strong one he never let me see him cry I heard him crying at night though." She tells Brandon.

"How old were you two when your parents were killed?" Brandon asks her.

"I was five years old Zack was eight years old we went to live with our Aunt Carla." She tells him.

"Such a young age to lose both your parents I can't even imagine what that must have been like for you two."

"It has gotten easier as the years go by to deal with the loss of our parents I imagine that they are looking down at me and smiling." She says with a smile on her face. They stand up as they hear the others approaching them.

"I am sorry about accusing your brother of being the thief Ariana." John apologizes to her.

"That is okay John I know you weren't trying to be mean when you asked if my brother was the thief."Ariana accepts his apology.

Brandon helps her up off the ground she wipes dirt off her skirt. She tries to give Brandon his handkerchief back he tells her that she can keep it. She thanks him she folds it up and puts it in the pocket of her skirt. They all walk down the road while they are walking it starts to rain lightly they see a house up ahead as they approach the house they notice that it is a really big house who would have a mansion out here they wonder. They hope that someone is home since the rain is really starting to come down now. Rebecca knocks on the door after a couple of seconds a man answers the door he is wearing is wearing a butler uniform.

"Yes how may I help you?" The man asks them.

" Could we take shelter here please? Only until it stops raining." John asks with a shiver.

" Who is at the door Fredrick?" A pretty young woman of about twenty-three asks the Butler.

"Some people wanting shelter from the rain Mrs. Kiera." He answers the young woman.

"Let them in Frederick." She tells him.

He steps out of the way of the door so they can come in out of the rain.