17

The whole town was in a frenzy right after the Colonel was publicly assassinated. And what a timing it had been- eerily perfect, so the people could know it wasn't a random attack. It was the Prince's birthday and the whole town had been celebrating. The Colonel had arranged an outdoor party with his fellow coworkers, and though most of it had been hidden by the tents and decorations, you had been on one of the roofs that gave a nice view of the whole scene.

Of course, Wooyoung was attending the party too. He was the life of parties, he had boasted earlier, and you truly believed him when you saw him naturally mingling with everyone. Even the Colonel had been pleased with him. He looked too natural- you almost thought he had forgotten about the mission since you instructed him never to look at any of the rooftops. All he had to do was signal you of the right timing, and he did so when he accidentally dropped his whiskey glass, pretending to have been tipsy. As soon as he bent down to assess what he had done, you shot the Colonel, straight in the head.

The crowd screamed. Wooyoung and the other officers instructed everyone to rush indoors, and Wooyoung did whatever he would have done had he not been acquainted with you. He interrogated the guards. He was one of the key witnesses and looked over the investigation that would soon follow. Everything was perfect- you had disappeared into the night as soon as you shot the Colonel. It wasn't hard to blend in the crowd at all- you were best at that.

Wooyoung came back late at night and he had to stop himself from rushing to you, but you were in your usual maid outfit since anyone could drop by, and you were in the basement, embroidering. A perfect cover. No one here would bat an eye.

"Are you safe?" Wooyoung asked. "Are you okay?"

You looked up at him standing in the middle of the room- you had been too absorbed in your thoughts. You nodded, taking a step and then almost rushing to him as you hugged him long and good.

"I can't believe it's done."

"You did well," Wooyoung kissed your temple as he rocked you back and forth. "It's all over now."

You had avenged both your mother and your father, you felt like a burden had been lifted off of your shoulders. You looked at him, hands around his waist. "I think I should stay in the basement tonight, just to be safe. Anyone could come prowling in tonight."

"I'm with you tonight then, right here," Wooyoung led you to the couch. "It's all over now."

It really was- the next few days, Wooyoung was busy in the office as he investigated if there was foreign involvement in the assassination of the Colonel. However, the method was that of locals- Wooyoung had given you the necessary tips and provided you with the weapons, so it was ruled out. The Prince was enraged but could do nothing- especially when there was a rumour spreading that the Prince had fueled the Colonel to wreak havoc on Wonderland.

Two days later, Prince Yunho arrived with his court to address the political situation- how Eden's name was tainted due to the late Colonel's and the Prince's selfish reasons. The King was, as you expected, pissed, and promised to provide compensation to both Utopia and Eden.

It was time to part ways with Wooyoung- early in the morning, you were going to leave with Yunho, dressed as one of his court members- the clothes he had already sent via Wooyoung. After preparing everything for tomorrow, you stood with your hands on your hips, recalling every instruction you had received to make sure everything was perfect. However, you spotted Wooyoung, half lying on the bed, staring at you. "What?"

"I got used to this domestic life, y/n," he gave you a tired smile. "I'm going to miss you- you know I can't come back for a while."

"Ah, can't say I'll miss you," you rubbed your ears as he laughed- "this laugh exactly that has made my ears bleed the entire damned week. I need a break from you."