Struck by Lightning

Thunder crackled in the sky, soon the sky brightened like the flash of a camera as the lightning took a picture of the Earth and its inhabitants. A lone girl was making her way through the wind and the rain, when all of a sudden the lightning wanted to take a picture of her.

    It struck her.

    Hundreds bolts of electricity coursed through her body as it went ridged and slumped against the pavement. Strangely though, the lightning was merciful, the girl was still breathing faintly. Only the mark of a lightning bolt on her wrist was visible as the girl laid unconscious.

    No one knows exactly what happened when the lightning struck the girl during the storm, but one thing was for sure. The girl will never be the same.

From that moment forward, the girl was immortal. She would never age and she contained magic, that is, if she ever woke up. With no witnesses, the girl laid there for hours until another girl came and saw the unconscious girl on the pavement. The girl stopped short, fear crept up to her brain, trying to piece together what happened to the fallen girl. She forced her feet to move towards the body and held two shaky fingers to the girl's wrist. She could feel the faint pulse of the beating heart. Relief flushed through her as she lifted up the girl's body and carried her to the nearest hospital.

    They were strangers, but at that moment, it didn't matter. All that mattered to the girl was getting the unconscious girl help. When they both got to the hospital, the girl's arms and legs burned from all the walking.  Calling out for help, the girl carefully put the girl in the nearest chair and rushed off to find a nurse.

    The girl was whisked off deep into the hospital to see what the matter was, but by the time they got there they discovered that the girl was already healed. The doctors were shocked and put the girl in a private room so they can keep an eye on her. The other girl never left her side, she slept in the chair next to the bed ,and nurses brought her food.

    It was two weeks before the girl woke up.

    Her name was Sage Morgan.