𝟓 | 𝕿𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄'𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋

HOW LUCKY OF YOU, getting the devil role on your first day? what can possibly mess your head up even more? does lady luck hate you this much? unfortunately that you're always the one to get stuck in terrible situations yet you rise victorious late...

HOW LUCKY OF YOU, getting the devil role on your first day? what can possibly mess your head up even more? does lady luck hate you this much? unfortunately that you're always the one to get stuck in terrible situations yet you rise victorious later, take your delayed project from the hospital as an example. you couldn't help but notice the other participants already talking about teaming up which you find is a good idea for now since you're basically running in this game blind.

you closed your phone and placed it in your pocket before two familiar figures approached you, it was katsumi with her significant other. her boyfriend's face grimaced at the sight of her as she held onto his arm. you didn't have much interest in interpreting people's facial expressions or body language, but you were certain that he was tired of katsumi. pharmacology doesn't involve reading one's emotions, thoughts, or feelings, you were just that smart.

she clung to his arm like an obedient dog, her body continually attempting to get closer to his, if that was even possible. you had grown tired of their toxic relationship in front of you and were about to leave when she began speaking.

"(l/n)! i haven't seen you in ages! how is your new work treating you?" katsumi smiled before you turned to face her, a forced tiny smile. even though you knew her, you didn't trust her.

"i'm good, it was fine," you shortly responded after putting your hands in your pockets, not in the mood for small talk.

you turned to face her significant other. he was eyeing you with lustful and hungry eyes. it disgusted you to the brim, katsumi really is an idiot, how can she not notice him? better yet, why are they even together?

"anyway, would you like to join our group with the other participants? they seem pretty scared since this is a ten of diamonds," she offered with a smile on her face, her boyfriend had the same but much more... thirsty. you could tell his hands were desperate to get into your underwear and the urge to just inject him with a poisonous substance to kill him was immense.

"sure," you nodded before she blushed slightly. you guessed she hasn't forgotten about her college crush but niragi just had to ruin it.

katsumi and her partner brought you to the hotel's dining area. the chandeliers cast a golden glow across the ceiling as you noticed the other participants seated and chatting all around the largest table. some were optimistic about the game, while others were nervous. you can tell they're frightened by their constant twitching and leg bouncing every millisecond. you also may have remarked that hitoku practically recruited everyone to her team, with the exception of the guy who explained the difficulty to you and his kin. it was no surprise that she could group them all together because she had a sweet yet touchy attitude. you concluded that as a result, clubs ♣ are her specialty.

"hey guys! meet (l/n), she's my friend from college and she's super duper smart! i'm sure she will be winning this game with us, so please, be nice to her!" the girl explained with a bright smile before she suddenly held your hand, raising it with hers.