Chapter 2: The Maze

I was lost in the maze of rooms, with no idea how I had gotten there or how to get out. The air was heavy and musty, and the walls seemed to close in around me. I could hear strange noises echoing through the corridors, whispers and laughter that seemed to follow me wherever I went.

I tried to follow the sounds, hoping to find someone who could help me. But whenever I got close, the noises would fade away, leaving me alone in the darkness.

I had no idea how long I had been walking, but I knew that I couldn't keep going forever. My phone was dead, and I had no food or water. I needed to find a way out, or I would be trapped in the backrooms forever.

I kept walking, trying to stay calm and think logically. I knew that I had to find a pattern or a clue, something that would lead me to an exit.

But as I walked, I realized that the maze was changing around me. The rooms seemed to shift and rearrange themselves, as if they were alive. I couldn't keep track of where I had been or where I was going.

I was starting to lose hope, when I saw something in the distance. It was a faint light, flickering and dim, but it was enough to give me hope.

I followed the light, moving as quickly as I could. It seemed to be getting closer, and I could feel my heart racing with excitement.

Finally, I reached the light. It was a door, slightly ajar, with a soft glow emanating from the other side.

I hesitated for a moment, unsure if I should go through. But I knew that I couldn't stay in the maze forever.

I pushed the door open, and stepped through.