Chapter 10: The Validation

As Ryo and Bob walked through the endless maze of rooms, Ryo couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. He knew that he was in a dangerous place, and that he needed to be careful.

"So, Bob, how do you know about my manifestation condition?" Ryo asked, trying to make conversation.

Bob shrugged. "I've been in the backrooms for a long time, and I've seen a lot of people with different manifestation conditions. Yours is pretty unique, though. Absorbing a part of the existence of an entity when you kill one is a rare ability."

Ryo nodded, still trying to wrap his head around it. He couldn't believe that he had the power to absorb a part of the existence of an entity when he killed one. It was both terrifying and exhilarating.

"But how do I know if it's true?" Ryo asked, feeling a sense of doubt. "What if it's just something you're saying to trick me?"

Bob chuckled. "You'll know when you validate your manifestation condition. It usually happens by accident, when you're in a life or death situation and your special ability manifests itself to save you."

Ryo nodded, understanding. He knew that he had to be careful and be prepared for anything in the backrooms.