Chapter 8: The Manifestation Condition

Ryo sat in silence as Bob explained the concept of manifestation conditions. He knew that it was important information, but it was also overwhelming. He had never heard of such a thing before.

"So, let me get this straight," Ryo said, trying to process everything. "In order to use our special abilities, we have to meet certain conditions?"

Bob nodded. "Yes, that's right. For some people, it might be something simple, like being in a certain place or experiencing a certain emotion. For others, it might be more difficult. Some people might have to go through a lot of hardship or danger before they can manifest their abilities."

"And what about me?" Ryo asked, feeling a sense of dread wash over him. "What's my manifestation condition?"

Bob hesitated, looking away. "I'm not sure. Your ability is...unique. It's rare to see someone like you in the backrooms. Your manifestation condition is unknown."

Ryo's heart sank. He had hoped that Bob would be able to give him some answers, but it seemed that he was just as lost as Ryo was.

"But don't worry," Bob said, sensing Ryo's despair. "We'll figure it out together. Maybe if we keep searching, we'll find a clue or a hint that will help us understand your ability."

Ryo took a deep breath, feeling a renewed sense of hope. He knew that it wouldn't be easy, but he was determined to do whatever it took to survive and find a way out of the backrooms. With Bob's help, maybe he stood a chance of surviving.